Mtn goat taxidermy

I'm heading out in a few weeks to Alaska on a goat hunt. In currently live in New Hampshire. Has anyone from the New England area brought their goat back to an east coast taxidermist. I would like to have a taxidermist picked out before leaving and just have the cape and skull cap shipped directly to them. If you used an East coast taxidermist who did you use?

Thanks
Brian

Last edited:
Fly the cape and horns with you in a checked duffle bag. Just make sure the cape is either salted well or frozen. When I flew mine home from BC it was salted in a game bag and I put it into 2 heavy duty Contractor bags to make sure nothing leaked. No issues at all

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
B
Fly the cape and horns with you in a checked duffle bag. Just make sure the cape is either salted well or frozen. When I flew mine home from BC it was salted in a game bag and I put it into 2 heavy duty Contractor bags to make sure nothing leaked. No issues at all

I'm not real concerned with getting back, I'm just looking for a recommendation on an east coast taxidermist. I would prefer to drive and pick the finished mount up vs say have it shipped from Alaska. Shipping cost have seemed to get outrageous lately.

TaperPin

WKR
I ran across this looking for something else.

Attachments

• 547AF868-0D84-4578-ABD5-8AA2494FCC1C.png
    547AF868-0D84-4578-ABD5-8AA2494FCC1C.png
    932.9 KB · Views: 29
Could check with the wildlife gallery. I'm sure they have a bunch of deliveries on the east coast and that could cut down on shipping.

JPhunt

FNG
I used Monarch Taxidermy in 2018 for my BC goat. They do excellent work & when finished they line up shipping to you. Before you leave they will send shipping labels to give to the outfitter & tags for the hide and horns. I think they now have an expediting service in Anchorage.

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second Naturally Wild in North Creek, NY. I'm a 15 minute drive from Samantha. She's great people. She sticks to her return deadline like glue with fabulous work. She spent many years in Wasilla and knows her stuff. She has a great life-size goat in her studio. She had just finished a stellar life-size desert sheep when I was picking up some work. Her quote was also fair.
Joe at A living Memory Taxidermy in Malone, NY is also highly skilled. He actually did my life-size goat a few years ago and I was extremely pleased.

OP
B
I used Monarch Taxidermy in 2018 for my BC goat. They do excellent work & when finished they line up shipping to you. Before you leave they will send shipping labels to give to the outfitter & tags for the hide and horns. I think they now have an expediting

I'll second Naturally Wild in North Creek, NY. I'm a 15 minute drive from Samantha. She's great people. She sticks to her return deadline like glue with fabulous work. She spent many years in Wasilla and knows her stuff. She has a great life-size goat in her studio. She had just finished a stellar life-size desert sheep when I was picking up some work. Her quote was also fair.
Joe at A living Memory Taxidermy in Malone, NY is also highly skilled. He actually did my life-size goat a few years ago and I was extremely pleased.
I wish I had asked this question a month ago, I was out in lake george for July 4th and would love to have stopped in a shop.