MTN OPS please read this!

I travel a lot for work and love your individual packs of Enduro and Yeti. I am in San Francisco this week, so I woke up this morning and took my Enduro/yeti/blaze combo and went for a run and something came to me. I love your ammo protein as well, but the problem is that's it's not easily transportable!

With other proteins I used to portion out servings into ziplock snack baggies and carry them with me inside of a shaker bottle. Since ammo needs to be refrigerated I cant do that and travel with it. On some trips where I only have a short flight and know I will be able to get to my hotel fridge within a couple hours I have taken it, but if I travel international and take 12+ hours to get somewhere it's a problem.

Now I am sitting in my hotel after my run craving some ammo, but waiting on room service to deliver an over priced omelet and wheat toast....

Do you have any plans to create individual serving packets of ammo? Or, can you tell me what the siggested guidelines are for how long you can leave ammo un-refrigerated?

I travel a lot for work and love your individual packs of Enduro and Yeti. I am in San Francisco this week, so I woke up this morning and took my Enduro/yeti/blaze combo and went for a run and something came to me. I love your ammo protein as well, but the problem is that's it's not easily transportable!

With other proteins I used to portion out servings into ziplock snack baggies and carry them with me inside of a shaker bottle. Since ammo needs to be refrigerated I cant do that and travel with it. On some trips where I only have a short flight and know I will be able to get to my hotel fridge within a couple hours I have taken it, but if I travel international and take 12+ hours to get somewhere it's a problem.

Now I am sitting in my hotel after my run craving some ammo, but waiting on room service to deliver an over priced omelet and wheat toast....

Do you have any plans to create individual serving packets of ammo? Or, can you tell me what the siggested guidelines are for how long you can leave ammo un-refrigerated?

I second this completely.. plus i would love to pack in Ammo packets on hikes and hunts.. Hope you guys are working on this.

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried vacuum sealing your own? I don't think it so much the temperature as it is being exposed to air once its opened. It isn't refrigerated when its shipped to you, its only when you break the vacuum seal that it needs to be refrigerated. If you vacuum sealed your own packs they should be fine as long as they are not stored in sun light or high heat.

OP
B
Have you tried vacuum sealing your own? I don't think it so much the temperature as it is being exposed to air once its opened. It isn't refrigerated when its shipped to you, its only when you break the vacuum seal that it needs to be refrigerated. If you vacuum sealed your own packs they should be fine as long as they are not stored in sun light or high heat.

I don't have a vacuum sealer, but that is a good idea. I should probably look into getting one.

They already make the yeti and enduro in the extremely convienient packages, adding the ammo into the lineup would complete the package.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Sounds like I need to start getting into this stuff. You guys are all raving about it. I may give it a try after reading the posters initial post. Sounds like good stuff. I know Aron uses it religiously and also and raves about it also. Not to derail the tread but which pack do you guys recommend? You guys can PM me for the sake of keeping this thread on track with the original Posters question.

Thanks fellas.

OP
B
Sounds like I need to start getting into this stuff. You guys are all raving about it. I may give it a try after reading the posters initial post. Sounds like good stuff. I know Aron uses it religiously and also and raves about it also. Not to derail the tread but which pack do you guys recommend? You guys can PM me for the sake of keeping this thread on track with the original Posters question.

Thanks fellas.

I really like it. I have taken A LOT of various supplements over the years. Most of the fat burners have been too harsh on me and make me feel sick, most of the proteins taste horrible and are loaded with sugar, most of the pre workout stuff has been more hype than anything, and the list of disappointments go on and on....

I started with the conquer weightless combo, and after the first 30 days I cut out the Renu body cleanse (only recommended for 30 days at a time according to Mtn Ops), and then added Yeti pre workout into the mix. I am very pleased with the Ammo, Blaze, Enduro, and Yeti combination, but to start, just order the conquer weight loss package and then shed how you like everything.

OP
B
Another use case for individual Ammo packets....

Going on a KS turkey hunt this weekend for 3 days, need to pack ammo, so I just bagged up servings in ziplock snack bags, then put them into a freezer bag to go into the cooler. Sure wish I could just grab some individual packets and throw them into my backpack like I did with the Yeti and Enduro....

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider
The official response I got from MTN OPS is that you can go a day or two without refrigeration. They recommended keeping an eye on the color and the taste to know when it is going bad.

I can't say too much but lets just say we have "a few things in the hopper" as far as our Ammo Protein Meal Replacement goes. Hopefully I will be able to say more soon but just know we are hearing your requests. If you have the need to take the Ammo on vacation, trip or whatever you should be good to put it in some form of travel baggie / plastic bag and try to keep it out of the heat. Don't let it go too long without refrigeration, you won't die but you may experience an upset stomach if you let it go too long due to the Whole Foods and Flax Seed in there.

OP
B
I can't say too much but lets just say we have "a few things in the hopper" as far as our Ammo Protein Meal Replacement goes. Hopefully I will be able to say more soon but just know we are hearing your requests. If you have the need to take the Ammo on vacation, trip or whatever you should be good to put it in some form of travel baggie / plastic bag and try to keep it out of the heat. Don't let it go too long without refrigeration, you won't die but you may experience an upset stomach if you let it go too long due to the Whole Foods and Flax Seed in there.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing what's in the hopper hopefully sooner than later. If you need a test dummy or want feedback on the product and packaging, I would certainly volunteer to give you my feedback from a consumers perspective.

I have just been packing it into ziplock snack bags and carrying it with me. It works ok, but I spill a lot of it and it's just not nearly as convenient as your yeti and Enduro pre portioned packets.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I am not a fan of the vanilla Ammo, however I am a big fan of their new "in the hopper" product. It tastes great!