MTN Ops use and recommendations

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I have never used supplaments. That said, I am making my first trip to hunt in Colorado...I currently live at 500 feet, going to 9k or more, and the guy I am going with recommended I look into various supplements to help prepare me for my first elk hunt. I called Mtn Ops and asked for some recommendations. Was wondering how this sounds, and if they all should be taken?
Solitude: To help adapt to the altitude, was told to start 10 days early
Fenix for recovery
Enduro to help with circulation (high altitude exhaustion etc. I rejected the other options that had caffine like ignite or yeti...don't want to be shaky when shooting, though I do drink 2 cups of coffee every morning)
Diffuse: Anti inflammatory instead of Advil etc ( I have some post-surgery joint difficulties)

Thoughts? Seems like a lot of stuff to be taking. I understood it was all to be taken, but maybe I am wrong on that. Don't want to end up hurting myself.

Thanks!

I'm not saying you shouldn't use some supplements, but obviously they are pushing a product. For inflammation it's hard to argue against good old motrin and that's a whole lot cheaper than what they are pushing.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Physical fitness, drinking lots and lots and lots of water, and eating good whole foods. And then some motrin as needed. The human body has adapted to eating real food for tens of thousands of years, not supplements.

I haven't bought into their recovery stuff. I'd think you could do without Phoenix and Diffuse and just bring some vitamin I (Ibuprofen). Other than that it's a good list. I have done some experiments and Enduro really does work. Since Ignite has come out I have tried to switch to it full time instead of Yeti. I don't drink coffee, so I just take Ignite every morning.

I haven't bought into their recovery stuff. I'd think you could do without Phoenix and Diffuse and just bring some vitamin I (Ibuprofen). Other than that it's a good list. I have done some experiments and Enduro really does work. Since Ignite has come out I have tried to switch to it full time instead of Yeti. I don't drink coffee, so I just take Ignite every morning.

x2 for the Enduro. It does work. I only use MTN Ops when I know I'm going to be really hiking. In limited quantities, it does work. I wouldn't recommend making a habit of taking it daily. As others have said, eat properly, drink plenty of water and just do it. If you need to stop for a breather, then stop. You can't expect to run around at 9000+ elevation with ease when you spend your life at 500 feet.

I would try re-fuel by warrior fuel... it taste awesome and it actually works... used it for the first time last week on a 7 mile hike in direct sunlight mid 80,s weather.. even gave a serving to my 70 year old pops looked like he was about to have a heat stroke.. seemed to put some pep in his step.. he felt like it helped with his cramping also... its more of a recovery supp no stimulants... bunch of stuff to get you rehydrated like coconut water powder... bcaa s and glutamine for muscle recovery and fuel... simple ingredients... used MTN OPS before wasn't as impressed... but like what the company does for the industry...

Mt ops does an exceptional job with marketing. However, the supplements did not work for me at all. I've been using pre/post/pro workouts since I was 14 and the pre workout is bottom of the barrel. They're of course going to recommend plenty of supplements. Like others have said just drink plenty of fluids. If anything, I used Pre-Jym prior to the morning hunt and that helped immensely.

The harbertson brothers come from a background of marketing and they've done a hell of a job marketing their supplements. I've been using the warrior fuel re-fuel and have been liking it but you can't go wrong with nuun tabs either. Don't buy into the hype

Back