Boot recommendations needed

mcseal2

WKR
I went from Meindl to Kennetrek and knew right away I’d never go back. I was lucky enough to find a used pair just broke in nice. Seller hurt his knee and didn’t think he’d ever need that stiff a boot again.

Time2time

FNG
I've had great luck with kenetrek hardscrabbles and hunt in temps from 90 to -15 spot and stalk hunting.

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
Aku, Keen, La Sportiva make good insulated GTX boots.

I’m on my third pair of Aku GTX boots, but I live in them probably 200 days a year. They are my go to for this season with a pair of 200g insulated Keens if the temps cool off. Keens don’t have super aggressive tread patterns but I’ve yet to have a pair that required any break in.

I’ve had probably 4 or 5 pairs of Salomons but haven’t tried their insulated ones and probably won’t unless they come out with a pair that isn’t all black.

IN2HNTN

FNG
I have also moved to the Kenetrek ME, about 10 years ago now. It has been a great boot, fits me very well and for the terrain that I usually hunt.

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
I had Danner's for a long time, but now I run Kennetrek's. They're better in the mountains that Danners.

I have a pair of LOWA Renegades and Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. I have a wider foot and they fit very comfortably and tough. I find myself grabbing the LOWA's more often, but if I was doing severe climbing, I'd go with the Kenetreks.

madcalfe

WKR
i run the kennetrek orthopedic mountain extremes. No complaints here.
defiantly love the rocker in the toes on the orthopedic over the regular ones.

Schnees have been great to me so far. I run beartooth 0g they are good for most temps I see so long as I’m covering ground thruout the day