Mystery Ranch aquired by Yeti

It will remain to be seen. If Yeti hires China, the price should go way down to match the quality. This would make all the haters of American made pack prices like Kifaru and Exo very happy.

And then there were 2.

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Had a warranty issue I inquired about last week. They handled it the same way they did several years ago and were excellent to work with. Sent a replacement belt two days later with shipping included. Hope the integrity stays

There's been a lot of buyouts of Bozeman based outdoor companies, and many of them have not been bad. I prefer to see them locally owned and operated, but he's not going to be able to sell that to some young, hungry outdoors person. It's just too big.

My fingers are crossed for the quality to stay strong and as many packs as possible to be made in the US.

Now bring on the camo coolers so we can lose them at camp.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
It will remain to be seen. If Yeti hires China, the price should go way down to match the quality. This would make all the haters of American made pack prices like Kifaru and Exo very happy.

And then there were 2.
I don't know Exo, but, Kifaru before Patrick sold vs Kifaru now is 2 really different companies even without hiring China....

But hey, this should make MR a little cooler...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

So the company that doesn't support the 2nd amendment bought a company that caters to hunters. I don't see this going well.
Yeti and NRA getting into a pissing match is not enough evidence to write off Yeti as anti-2A.

Yeti has been marketing to hunters and sponsoring hunting media. I don’t think the political angle is the top reason to be upset about this.

Last edited:
As a long-time MR user. this is a bummer lol
As many have said.. hopefully, it is good.. but my expectations are low..

I can't imagine they'd mess with the fire pack lineup too much. That's gotta be a massive cash cow. They've pretty much come to dominate that market.

Gut feel is that they'll outsource the rest of the product line to Asia. I was disappointed when MR moved the lower half of their product line overseas and my guess is the rest will end up over there.
I think their Military line has to stay in the US to comply with Barry regulations, but yeah I think all of their hunting gear is make in Asia.

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an exo guy and just spent a lot of time at the expo looking at all the pack options there. My opinion, which many of you may hate, is that this will be good for MR. MR always seemed to be second tier in quality (fit and finish) and innovation (IMO) when you compare to exo, kifaru, SG, initial ascent, etc. MR packs always seemed like 1990s cabela's specials to me. Love or hate yeti, they bring the quality and the marketing. Feel free to start bashing :)