Mystery Ranch Marshall

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered off of Camofire last while it was on sale. It's a nice pack. I'm impressed. Well made and easy to adjust the fit. I haven't had a really heavy load in it yet but hopefully in the next week.

I read somewhere that they made some changes, but my pack is missing two of the features shown in the picture in their website. It does not have the webbing down the center of the pack, and does not have the horizontal strap across the bottom compartment. I see this as weight saving and not a major gripe. Can anyone tell me if this is the new or old model, and what other changes were made?

7d56793e8aed5243365e7eb6a2470f6a.jpg
1b7b058ce99da0537bb879feae5cf349.jpg

The one you got is last years model on the NICE frame with the load lifter kit. The one one the website is the brand new version on the guide light frame. You still got a great deal on a great pack.

ams

WKR
Older model, 2015. New one has the center daisy chain and the bottom compression strap. Yours should have a detachable NICE frame. The new 2016 model is not detachable but a built in guide lite frame similar to a terraplane. Nice pack and good score!

goldenarrow

Lil-Rokslider
Cool I picked one up too buy mine hasn't come in yet! Does it come with the lift kit? I wasn't sure. Also how does it compact for day pack mode?

• Banned
OP
C

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
Seems to compress pretty well. It does have lifters on the shoulder if that's what the lift kit is?

AdamW

WKR
Redmech on here bought one of these a week or so after I bought my non-duplex Kifaru Timberline 2 from the Rhino Den. I was questioning my decision. :D

I think the biggest difference other than those listed is that your pack is made in America.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
The new 2016 model is not detachable but a built in guide lite frame similar to a terraplane.

This is not accurate information. All of the bags detach from the guide light frame. Only the Scapegoat has a built-in fame and is non-detachable.

I think your version was only made last year. I like the bottom zip on yours better than the buckle thing on the new ones and old 6500s

The 2015 model was made in Bozeman and is on the nice frame. The new 2016 model is made in Clark Field and has the new guide light frame. The Clark Field packs are just as nice as the Bozeman packs but there is just something special about the packs made in Montana.

jlmoeller

FNG
Mine is supposed to deliver today and I am stuck at work! I can't wait to get home and check it out.
Jason Moeller

ams

WKR
This is not accurate information. All of the bags detach from the guide light frame. Only the Scapegoat has a built-in fame and is non-detachable.

Very cool. That's really good to hear. I hope MR will go back to selling bags separate.

LostArra

WKR
Nice deal on that pack!

I'm sure I'm the outlier here but I've never understood that midline vertical daisy chain on any pack.
Mountain climbers where climbing accessories are needed in handy spot? I get it.

I thought about that deal but really didn't need another nice frame, just needed the bag. MR makes a great pack.

I also picked one of these up and man what an upgrade from my Badlands pack! I do have a question though for you MR guys, what bladder do you use that fits well in this pack? I notice it doesn't have an elastic band for the bladder/radio pocket like a lot of packs do so I want to get something that is gonna fit good. Thanks!

blackah02

FNG
I bought one and received it. So far I am impressed by the quality but have not loaded it up. I've owned a lot of Dana Design and Mystery Ranch internals and I was never interested in a NICE Frame but couldn't pass it up being that it is one of the last ones that was made in the USA and they lightened this setup to under 8 pounds unlike the MR Grizzly that I sold. I am impressed on how well it compresses for day mode when you utilized the horizontal compression strap accessories that were included with the pack. I currently run a Kifaru Timberline 2 for my day hunting setup, but am not ruling out the Marshall as a replacement. I am not too sure how I feel about the MR Lift Kit. I have an 18" torso and the Lift Kit is slightly too high for me to achieve the 45 degree angle. I may look into the OV Innovations Lift Kit which has the ability to adjust lift kit height from what I understand. This was a killer deal though in my opinion.

Bkaufmann

FNG
If you call Camofire they still have them in stock in Med/Coyote. (they told me they are getting another shipment of them as well)

Sky1926

FNG
I wanted an exo but if these are nice I may not be able to pass up the campfire deal