Mystery Ranch Pintler vs Cabinet

GPool1842

WKR
Pintler... picked one up this year for daypack when not using the Marshall.. packed two turkey decoys and gear all morning today. Awesome bag. The tri-zip is the way to go.

ad66216

FNG
I love the Pintler. I did a ton of research before my elk hunt in New Mexico and the Pintler ultimately won. It worked great as a day pack (good size), but was a life saver with the ability to haul out meat. When I got my elk, I was the only one with a frame pack, so I was able to get one trip out of the way while the rest of the guys had to go to the bottom of the mountain to grab their packs. Here's a great review on it:

ad66216

FNG
I haven't used the Cabinet but I am a huge fan of the Mystery Ranch Pintler. I bought it this past year for a New Mexico elk hunt and was able to carry the elk meat and antlers off the mountain with it, with some help from friends of course. The pack is crazy comfortable and had enough space for a day hunt, but having the ability to carry out our animal as well. Here's a great review of it:

BFazz

FNG
I ran the Pintler last season and was happy with it. Top compartment and inner sleeves help keep stuff organized without sacrificing too much of the main compartment. The center zip is really nice when you need something from the bottom of the pack without having to pull everything out.

For public land/mobile whitetail hunting, stand would go in the load sling, food/water/layers/kill kit inside, and climbing sticks strapped on the back.