MZ Regs

Which state's ML hunting regs do you like the best?

• AZ- scopes, sabots, 209 ignition all legal.

• NV- No scopes. Sabots, 209 ignition legal.

• CO- No scopes, no sabots. 209 ignition legal

• ID- No scopes, no sabots, no 209 ignition.

Results are only viewable after voting.

OXN939

WKR
With all the recent advances in technology lately, a la Paramount and Nitrofire, I'm interested in what others' opinions are on regulations pertaining to muzzleloaders. Basically, where does everyone think the line should be drawn for using muzzleloaders while hunting? Example states provided along a rough spectrum of how restrictive their regs are.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I voted Idaho... but I live in Colorado. I’d vote no inlines too if that was an option 😬. Of course that would just be my selfish view being into traditional muzzleloaders. Where do you draw the line... I’m not sure? No one would agree on the line either!

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
No one would agree on the line either!

True that! Honestly, I think the way Pennsylvania has designated part of their season to be flintlock only is a really cool idea. Don't know of any states that completely prohibit inlines, though, unless I'm missing something.

I voted CO
I want it restrictive because I'm an opportunity hunter. I just want some damn tags.
I want low success odds and to make it hard on people so I have it to myself.

But I have also worked my damn ass off to get on what would have been my biggest buck and had a failure to fire.

The one thing I really do not like about the Idaho rule is the requirement to shoot full bore Lead bullets. I know this is a matter of opinion but I would much prefer any full bore projectile.

Second most think there is a gain in velocity shooting caps versus shotgun primers. In most cases there is no significant gain.

As a PA muzzleloader hunter for 37 years, I wish we would move flintlock season to fall and allow 3 days for buck during the fall hunt. And then have an any muzzleloader season after Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
The one thing I really do not like about the Idaho rule is the requirement to shoot full bore Lead bullets. I know this is a matter of opinion but I would much prefer any full bore projectile.

Second most think there is a gain in velocity shooting caps versus shotgun primers. In most cases there is no significant gain.

Yeah that one is, honestly, pretty ridiculous. Lead in paint was banned in 1978, but Idaho requires me to shoot my food with it? Makes so much sense their neighbors will be the ones getting thousands of my nonresident hunting dollars every time I go.