Nebraska mule deer

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve done all the research I can. Can anyone give me any info or testimonials about Samuel r mcklevie forest mule deer. I will be goin next November

NEhunter

WKR
There’s deer there. Probably some decent ones but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. You won’t be alone likely regardless of season but if your going during the November rifle season you’ll be in for a circus. Just curious but why Nebraska? If I didn’t live here it would be one of the last places on my list, unless I had access to private, maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I really wanted to use it as a test run before I went on to Colorado. It’s also OTC tags too.

Fitzwho

WKR
I’m actually thinking about picking up a statewide muzzleloader tag and running around Nebraska in early December. Just to have another hunt.

I can shoot a buck anywhere in the state (either MD or WT in 75% if the state and only WT in the rest)... for $242. Other than my CO bear tag that’s cheap.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Thank you. I hunt the mountains of NC where the deer are in n the witness protection program. It couldn’t be much worse

I’ve done all the research I can. Can anyone give me any info or testimonials about Samuel r mcklevie forest mule deer. I will be goin next November

Its big enough to handle about 6 to 8 hunters if they know what they're doing, and work together.

By the time you get there, it will have been pounded for two months by hundreds of sportsmen from all over the country. Any deer of consequence still alive, will be firmly and comfortably ensconced in loving embrace of the surrounding private ranches. They wont be seen on public again till spring green up.

Its more of an exercise in supporting the NE Chamber of Commerce than a quality sporting adventure. But it's better than a day at work.

NEhunter

WKR
Its big enough to handle about 6 to 8 hunters if they know what they're doing, and work together.

By the time you get there, it will have been pounded for two months by hundreds of sportsmen from all over the country. Any deer of consequence still alive, will be firmly and comfortably ensconced in loving embrace of the surrounding private ranches. They wont be seen on public again till spring green up.

Its more of an exercise in supporting the NE Chamber of Commerce than a quality sporting adventure. But it's better than a day at work.

Yep. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I may just have to make a different plan. Any good suggestions

Thanks for sharing, also looking into MD hunting in Nebraska. Thanks for the thread, doesn’t sound promising for public land...

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Ah half the fun is the experience. I deer hunt in the blue ridge mountains where the deer are in witness protection. It can’t be any worse than that