New to mule deer hunting.

ARhunter

FNG
Classified Approved
Headed to Nebraska to try my hand at mule deer hunting. I know there are better places to hunt, but Nebraska is where I am headed the first of September for archery. I have read and looked until my eyes are crossed. Any advice from fellow hunters on the Nebraska mule deer hunting. I will be hunting outside the MDCA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Get as high up as you can well before daylight, and enjoy the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
Our mule deer herd is in pretty rough shape right now. You’ll probably see as many or more whitetail so don’t limit yourself to just mule deer.

OP
A

ARhunter

FNG
Classified Approved
Our mule deer herd is in pretty rough shape right now. You’ll probably see as many or more whitetail so don’t limit yourself to just mule deer.
Thanks!!! I have 10 days, so after a few days, I may have to change species. Hopefully not, but I will be on the mission field almost all of our season at home, so going to try and at least get some freezer meat.

Dbbell

FNG
Headed to Nebraska to try my hand at mule deer hunting. I know there are better places to hunt, but Nebraska is where I am headed the first of September for archery. I have read and looked until my eyes are crossed. Any advice from fellow hunters on the Nebraska mule deer hunting. I will be hunting outside the MDCA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
I've seen some pretty nice mule deer come out of Nebraska. Good luck

OP
A

ARhunter

FNG
Classified Approved
How did it turn out?
WELL, came home empty-handed, but did learn quite a bit. The public we were on was shared with large herds of cows as well as several in and out-of-state hunters. We bounced around quite a bit and ended up being able to pick up some private land to hunt on the last day. We tried to stay true to just mule deer bucks and had a couple of opportunities to take small whitetails but decided to pass. The weather was HOT and the wind was quite a derailer a couple of evenings. Had a lot of fun and saw some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. All in all, for our first mule deer hunt we learned a lot and met some great folks, as well as had a lot of fun. So I will chalk it up as a great hiking trip that was well worth the views. Thanks for all the input. You guys were right on with the advice.

street

WKR
WELL, came home empty-handed, but did learn quite a bit. The public we were on was shared with large herds of cows as well as several in and out-of-state hunters. We bounced around quite a bit and ended up being able to pick up some private land to hunt on the last day. We tried to stay true to just mule deer bucks and had a couple of opportunities to take small whitetails but decided to pass. The weather was HOT and the wind was quite a derailer a couple of evenings. Had a lot of fun and saw some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. All in all, for our first mule deer hunt we learned a lot and met some great folks, as well as had a lot of fun. So I will chalk it up as a great hiking trip that was well worth the views. Thanks for all the input. You guys were right on with the advice.
I would try to keep that private access for the future if you can :)

Obieone1

FNG
One of the best states to see an epic sunrise! Blessed to have witnessed many in the Sandhills!