WTS Need a Z-drag setup for your moose hunt?

USMC2602

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I put this together for my moose hunt, and by the grace of God and 15 yards, it's never been out of the bag.

It includes:

100 feet of New England Ropes 8mm Endura Braid, 8100lbs tensile, weighs 3 lbs
3 Petzl ultra compact pulleys
Petzl progress capture pulley
6 climbing rated carbiners
30 ft (split into 2) 4000 lb strapping
6 meters of 5mm dynema, 3100 lbs tensile, split into 5 prusiks
carry bag of unknown origin

Weighs 5.8 lbs all in.

If you've ever priced this type of rope and gear, you know it's not cheap. Just the main rope is $200+, I have $400+ in the full set up.

Looking for $275. shipped TYD. Any questions, shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new to the z rig setup but am looking into them for an upcoming trip. Correct me if I am wrong, but this would be used to create a 9:1 advantage? How much distance would the 100 feet of rope allow the anchor point to be from the load point?

OP
USMC2602

USMC2602

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I’ll add what I can to answer your questions, with the caveat that I am no expert by any means, just did a lot of research and played around with some smaller ropes in the yard to get the basics down. I got quite a bit of info reading and posting in the Moose forum here. Lots of guys here with significant experience with these and were very willing to help this pilgrim.
I tried to set this up to give me several options given I didn’t know what I would be facing should I need it. Assumed I’d use the strapping for my anchor point and the load. Pulleys and carabiners to give me several options. I don’t realistically think you’d actually go more than 3 or 4:1? I thought the 100’ main rope would give me plenty, as if he hit deep water, I could “float” him up to shallow water or the bank. Just didn’t want to be trying to break one down in chest deep water.
Hope that helps somewhat, at least my reasoning when putting it together.

OP
USMC2602

USMC2602

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
About the only thing I “need” is .257wby brass or maybe an Outdoorsmans micro panhead. But PM me what you’re thinking, you never know.

Last edited: