Need advice for new broadheads

TheTone

WKR
I've had great luck with magnus stingers and will most likely use them as long as they are available (or until I can afford Iron wills). I was also really impressed with a vpa three blade a hunting buddy used last year.

GotDraw?

WKR
Consider a hybrid approach.

You'll probably bring a dozen arrows on your hunt. Get a couple 3 packs of Magnus Stinger 125s with bleeders, they are a good broadhead and fly well from a well tuned bow. Use the Magnus heads to tune your bow and get your sight pins set for your distances. Magnus will be your back-ups on all your spare arrows for your hunt. Buy ONE 3-pack of Iron Wills for your actual hunt and use them for your first three kill shots.

I personally don't like serrated edges, they may look "badder" than a non-serrrated edge, but in reality you will not be able to re-sharpen or strop them as sharp as a straight edged broadhead and they do not cut as well as a mirror polished straight edge will.

Both IW and Magnus heads will fly the same. I shoot both, but use the IWs when the chips are down and I want to eliminate potential broadhead failure on a hunt I spent countless hours training for and tons of money on.

Best,
JL

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies, I like the looks of the qad exodus just wondering about their durability. Will the blades break if they hit a rib?
As far as durability goes, they are are rock solid. Has some of the thicker blades that I have seen so no worries there. I will say that if you were going with a fixed blade, slick trick standards are pretty hard to beat IMO.