Need advice , my pup is getting aggressive ..

GotDraw?

WKR
Well , given that you're so prone to handing out advice , here's some for you .
Next time you don't understand a comment made in a post , you should ask for clarification before assuming anything stupid , such as you did .
Next , the hardest part of being a man is admitting when you're wrong or have made a mistake , and not just trying to defend the mistake and deep your self in deeper .
But you do you , just wallow in your ignorance while trying to act superior , I mean you're so good at it , why stop now .
And lastly , stop trying to get in the last word , you've already shown who you are , or are not , now just go away and act superior somewhere else , you tire me .
Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

My honest mistake was believing that the OP's original post was written with direct clarity about actually BOXING his dog's ears but instead he was speaking with obscure metaphor about correcting his dog in some other unmentioned manner. And if you read my other posts, you'd see that I agreed that dogs need to understand who is boss and that I was ONLY concerned that the dog's ears were not being boxed.

Regrets that you now wisely advise that no one on this site can now take whatever someone writes at face value and should ask for clarification on every post since we can no longer trust what is written is not an obscure metaphor. Since that's the case, I'll take it that yours is a metaphor that commends me on actually caring enough about the dog to say something about what would have been cruel, had it been the case.

JL

MattB

WKR

My honest mistake was believing that the OP's original post was written with direct clarity about actually BOXING his dog's ears but instead he was speaking with obscure metaphor about correcting his dog in some other unmentioned manner. And if you read my other posts, you'd see that I agreed that dogs need to understand who is boss and that I was ONLY concerned that the dog's ears were not being boxed.

Regrets that you now wisely advise that no one on this site can now take whatever someone writes at face value and should ask for clarification on every post since we can no longer trust what is written is not an obscure metaphor. Since that's the case, I'll take it that yours is a metaphor that commends me on actually caring enough about the dog to say something about what would have been cruel, had it been the case.

JL
Can you please explain to me what you mean by “clarification”? Trying to determine how/whether I should respond to your post.

GotDraw?

WKR

Can you please explain to me what you mean by “clarification”? Trying to determine how/whether I should respond to your post.

HA!

Well now... I guess I COULD attempt to clarify but then others would have to trust that my clarification wasn't obfuscation and simultaneously shrouded in metaphor. ;-)

Suffice to say, all I cared about was the dog and I don't mind having my ears boxed by the OP for taking that position.

JL

Last edited:
OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR

JL
Well mister "I take all things literal " , My statement was I boxed his ears , not boxing , and the literal translation of I boxed his ears would be that I placed his ears in a box . How you came up with me punching him in his ears is beyond me ?

OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
HA!

Well now... I guess I COULD attempt to clarify but then others would have to trust that my clarification wasn't obfuscation and simultaneously in metaphor. ;-)

Suffice to say, all I cared about was the dog and I don't mind having my ears boxed by the OP for taking that position.

JL
Dude , the dog is fine , he has it made actually . But I do appreciate you taking the time to try and right a perceived wrong .
It's the thought that counts , carry on , nothing to see here .

TSAMP

WKR
Alright I'll Hijack this thread and take some punishment since I've got a new pup at home and he is indeed abit aggressive. Details; 13 week old Pudelpointer male.

Normal puppy biting has came and somewhat passed to a degree. The theme I am seeing is that in the evening, usually right before he winds down for the night. He flips a switch and goes HARD on the 9 Y.o little boy. Growls, bites, tries to get him on the couch. It's relentless. If I grab him and hold him down, he will get right up and do it again. As many times as ill do it, he will do it. Redirecting does help, but eventually he finds his way back.

Pup does not do it to me, only slightly toward the Mrs. I think the kid here is very timid, and the pup is bold and confident, so I see this as a power struggle. I'm working with him, but he's a shy kid so it's slow going.

I have a small E collar that is going to be in the cards very soon.

I'm used to puppy biting, but for a dog this small to outright lunge at your hands when you go to grab him and stop him is kind of new to me. Again this is one time in the evening. Most the day it's business as usual.

Bold and Confident puppy, with a side of physcopath.

Attachments

• 20240319_204730.jpg
    20240319_204730.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 11

KurtR

WKR
Alright I'll Hijack this thread and take some punishment since I've got a new pup at home and he is indeed abit aggressive. Details; 13 week old Pudelpointer male.

Normal puppy biting has came and somewhat passed to a degree. The theme I am seeing is that in the evening, usually right before he winds down for the night. He flips a switch and goes HARD on the 9 Y.o little boy. Growls, bites, tries to get him on the couch. It's relentless. If I grab him and hold him down, he will get right up and do it again. As many times as ill do it, he will do it. Redirecting does help, but eventually he finds his way back.

Pup does not do it to me, only slightly toward the Mrs. I think the kid here is very timid, and the pup is bold and confident, so I see this as a power struggle. I'm working with him, but he's a shy kid so it's slow going.

I have a small E collar that is going to be in the cards very soon.

I'm used to puppy biting, but for a dog this small to outright lunge at your hands when you go to grab him and stop him is kind of new to me. Again this is one time in the evening. Most the day it's business as usual.

Bold and Confident puppy, with a side of physcopath.
Grab him and put him in his box when he acts out of line. He gets to come out when he can be a good citizen. He will learn pretty quick.

no e collar

Last edited:
OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
Well today is my follow up day . The MIL came down for two weeks and stayed with the dog all day , she said he was a well minded dog and never had a problem with him .
Then the Grandkids came down for two weeks and every went just fine .
We have been sticking to the new program , mostly , I still give him popcorn every now and then .
The only incident has been over a bug .
This dog hunts everything lizards , flys , anything that moves . Squirrels torment him in the backyard .
But one night he brought a june bug in the house and let it go on the carpet , he likes to play with them like a cat does with mice .
When he saw me go to grab it he kind of growled and nipped at me/it , but let me take it . I booted him in the butt and yelled bad dog , he backed off and was totally subservient .
I threw the bug out and made him go lay down .
But my 8 year old Granddaughter loves him they played non stop , under our supervision . And not around his food , ever .
The dog was moping around for a day or two after she left , like he missed her or something .
And a picture of the two of them after playing in the pool all day .

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 14

TSAMP

WKR
I'll go ahead and update as well. No E collar has been necessary for me. Pup still likes to test boundaries but the 9 year Olds started to get the hang of tossing his weight around and I've seen obvious improvements with their interactions. Every new person that comes in our house he tests though. Especially kids.

Coincidentally his litter mate I found out is only 20 minutes away so I got some playtime in and he got to fight with his brother who had him by 5 pounds. The ass kicking that commenced was rather enjoyable to watch.

Attachments

• 20240406_174625.jpg
    20240406_174625.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 9