Nemo Tensor All-Season Ultralight

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any experience with the Nemo Tensor All Season? Looked for reviews here but nothing specific to this pad. Im looking for something I can use during summer to late fall, down to the teens. Dont really want to buy 2 pads and 5.4 R value seems to be a good mid point between too hot and too cold. I have had a 10 degree quilt and my previous sleeping pad (4.4 R value) down to the teens and was comfortable while wearing all my clothes. But I am also a hot sleeper and the therma-rest 7.3R value makes me nervous Id be sweating all night during summer/early fall. Thanks!

I actually have the old version, the Tensor Ultralight Insulated with a 4.2 R-value. I see now that they have 3 different types of Tensor pads, so this isn't the exact pad you're looking at.

So here's my take on the Tensor Ultralight Insulated (long-wide). For frame of reference I have previously used Exped, Big Agnes, and foam Ridgerests.

The Good: The Nemo is super-lightweight which is awesome. To me it seems to pack down a little easier and tighter than the Big Agnes of similar size that my son uses. It is equally as comfortable as my old Exped Synmat7, which for me is saying something, because that thing is like sleeping on a cloud. While I only used in temps down into the forties, it seems to me that it would keep a guy warm well into the low twenties, maybe even teens, but that is a bit of a guess, and also very subjective.

The Bad: Durability. I was using this pad camping, not backpacking. I only moved camp once in the five nights I used it. At the second site, I inflated it on the concrete picnic table at the campsite (like I always do when there is one available), and then walked the four yards to my tent and put it in my tent fully inflated. That night when I went to get in my sleeping bag, the pad was completely deflated and there was an 1.5" gash in the bottom of the pad. Somehow in transporting it the 4 (four) yards from the table to my tent, it sprung the (huge) leak. I field repaired with an adhesive pad from my son's Big Agnes repair kit. As a side-note, the repair kit included with my Nemo pad was completely inadequate for fixing anything other than a pinhole in the field. Then I taped some GearAid Tenacious tape on top of the Big Agnes adhesive pad. The pad still slow leaks air, and by the morning my hip is hitting the ground if I am on my side.

The (hopefully not) Ugly: I am hoping Nemo customer service comes through and authorizes an exchange. I am waiting to hear a response from them on my warranty claim. I have owned the pad for almost one year, but have not had a chance to use it until this trip. So I only have 1 night of sleeping on this pad when not gashed open. I really like the pad, and am even willing to baby the thing if I need to to keep it working in the field. Saves a lot of weight over the Exped for equivalent comfort. I have had a couple of different experiences with Exped customer service - those guys are absolutely top notch. We'll see if Nemo is the same - sure hope so.

So here's my take on the Tensor Ultralight Insulated (long-wide). For frame of reference I have previously used Exped, Big Agnes, and foam Ridgerests.
Just to clarify, you still have the old version correct?
I have seen older reviews that mention durability issues, hopeful they addressed that with the new line.
Thanks for the review

Back