New Aero precision action

A fellow still buy a pretty rifle if that's what he wants. When they optimize one side, they compromise on the other.
I'd revise what you said to "When they optimize one side, they compromise the other if they stay at the same price point". As @wind gypsy said, BAT Bumblebee/Lone Peak Fuzion Alpine/Impact NBK/Terminus Apollo all look a bit better. They'll also feel better and perform just as well or better. But their pricepoint starts at $1,450.

NSI

WKR
Not to mention they regularly go on sale. Looked back through my texts and Primary Arms had the original for $650 back in October. That’s cheaper than most deals on Tikkas these days.

Not sure where else you get this feature set for $650 if you like 60 degree throws.
Not to be truculent, but one still must buy a trigger and barrel at that price. I suppose if one has many rem 700 components and wants a non-standard cartridge, it could pencil out. That just seems fringe, and increasingly fringe at this weight.

-J

TxLite

WKR
Not to be truculent, but one still must buy a trigger and barrel at that price. I suppose if one has many rem 700 components and wants a non-standard cartridge, it could pencil out. That just seems fringe, and increasingly fringe at this weight.

-J
No doubt there

I won’t be selling my Tikkas for one any time soon but I could see the draw for someone looking to do a new build

Played with one of the standard solus actions a little today that someone in my squad at a match had. Just from general bolt manipulation I was impressed. Had lighter bolt lift than my tikka and ran smooth.

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
My Areo Solus actions have lighter bolt (after releasing the f.p.) than the bat, defiance, kelbly, tikka actions I’ve compared it with side by side. Some of my blueprinted 700 actions with several thousand rounds on them are pretty light. But if I remember correctly the areo was the lightest and it’s a 60degree throw. The bolt has a different style cocking ramp that takes less effort to reset.

ID_Matt

WKR
My Areo Solus actions have lighter bolt (after releasing the f.p.) than the bat, defiance, kelbly, tikka actions I’ve compared it with side by side. Some of my blueprinted 700 actions with several thousand rounds on them are pretty light. But if I remember correctly the areo was the lightest and it’s a 60degree throw. The bolt has a different style cocking ramp that takes less effort to reset.
That is interesting. Being a 60 degree, I would expect heavier bolt lift than the typical 90's. Guy in my squad last weekend had one that I fondled for a minute. Didn't fire it, but it felt pretty impressive for the price point. He loved his. HOWEVER, I did not see it, but talked to the match director who had to punch a case out for a shooter than broke the extractor on his Solus. Not sure if he got it fixed or had to head home early.

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
While the action feels good I definitely have not put them to the test. Time will tell how they hold up. Either way not a bad start for for Areo’s first bolt action.