New Argali Absaroka

Naiche

FNG
I just ordered an Absaroka 4p from gohunt as well as a cheap stainless stove to use car camping while I test out the hot tent concept for me. I will pick up the argali or seek titanium if everything works out. Was wondering if I should cut the stove jack for the larger pipe that the seek/argali uses or the 6cm pipe that the cheapo stove takes. Also what diameter are the foil pipes for the ti stoves. I'm wondering if the pipe should be tight in the jack or if it won't hurt to cut it a little big. I would rather cut it once I think. Thanks for any knowledge you might share

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I run a Seek Ti stove in my Absaroka 4p. The stove pipe fits perfectly through the stove jack and provides some stability to the overall stove. Not sure I totatlly understand the question however, I would not cut the opening to make it larger than needed. If you call Seek or Brad from Argali, I'm sure they will be able to give you their stove pipe dimensions.

OP
N

Naiche

FNG
So my question was a moot point. The tent came in yesterday and the stove jack is already cut. My cheapo stainless pipe has a little room to wiggle but not too bad. If it wasn't 100 degrees out I would fire it up. Dreaming of fall!

any idea if the seek u-turn stovepipe (2.5" diameter) is going to be too small for the 3" opening? I know it will fit, but I'd like to avoid whipping it around too much, drafting, or letting rain in. Any ideas on resolutions here or if it's just not a problem?

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
any idea if the seek u-turn stovepipe (2.5" diameter) is going to be too small for the 3" opening? I know it will fit, but I'd like to avoid whipping it around too much, drafting, or letting rain in. Any ideas on resolutions here or if it's just not a problem?
It works fine but have not it had it in extreme wind. Its tight enough that the pipe is suspended by the stove hole when you first put it through

IMG_2664.jpeg