Tipi hot tent total weight. What does your setup weigh?

I recently purchased an Argali Absaroka (4P) tent along with the Argali Skyline Ti stove. After seam sealing the tent and burning in the stove, I weighed my whole setup. This includes tent w/ stove jack, stakes in small bag, tent stuff sack, carbon center pole, stove with all hardware and stove pipe in their respective carry cases.

My total weight for everything included is 111oz (6.9lbs).

The breakdown of weights is
Argali Absaroka, w/ stove jack, (stakes/stuff sacks included): 35.4oz
Carbon center pole: 10oz
Argali Skyline Ti w/ 6' pipe (carry cases included): 65.6oz

My question for others is: What does your complete setup weigh? I'm talking weighed personally not just specs from the manufacturer. I went with Argali particularly because it was lighter than others I was looking at. Unfortunately the stove weight seems real heavy and negated any weight savings I originally thought I was getting. I will go back and weigh the stove components vs carry case individually to see where the problem is (I suspect it may just be heavy carry cases). Curious what other peoples setup runs

Bearsears

WKR
Seek Outside Redcliff body with guylines attached 61.8oz
Seek Outside Carbon pole 13.1oz
Lite Outdoors 18" Stove with 8' pipe 42.1oz
Stakes 7oz
Total 124oz (7.75lbs)

The Redcliff is a bigger tent so makes sense its a bit heavier than your setup. I have a Cimmaron Light at home too that I use for more solo stuff or me and a buddy. Ive never weighed it. I could weight that setup for you tonight if you want.

OP
D
Thanks for the reply @Bearsears and no need to weigh your other setup if it’s not handy. I guess I’m just trying to get an idea of what kind of weight other people are actually packing around when all is said and done.

Kifaru Tut is 62oz (3#14oz)
***Tipi, factory guy lines, 12” 2mm cord and line locks added to every ground stake loop, 18 ground hog stakes, BPWD custom 78” aluminum pole
Smith Cylinder 18” stove 30oz (1#14oz)
Total weight 92oz (5#12oz)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Also I was a bit surprised and disappointed when I put my stove on the scale. After my original post I went back and weighed all the stove pieces curious where all the weight was coming from.

Total Argali stove weight including 6’ pipe and all hardware was 50.9oz, which is 10+ ounces greater than the stated weight on their website. The carry cases came in at 14.7oz for both stove/pipe cases together.

Just a bit heavier than I was expecting I guess. I wonder if the burn in process and sooty black film left from burning added much to the weight? I suppose it’s possible as it’s carbon deposit. 10 oz seems a bit excessive though??

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kifaru Tut is 62oz (3#14oz)
***Tipi, factory guy lines, 12” 2mm cord and line locks added to every ground stake loop, 18 ground hog stakes, BPWD custom 78” aluminum pole
Smith Cylinder 18” stove 30oz (1#14oz)
Total weight 92oz (5#12oz)

30oz with what length of pipe?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

30oz with what length of pipe?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

84” pipe. It was for my Kifaru Tut tipi. Here’s the breakdown on my scale.
653f8ab7069ca46be7928232270e9f29.jpg

valtteri

FNG
Kifaru Sawtooth, canopy-only, no liners 41.6oz
Stakes, DD Ultralight, 0.28oz/piece, 15x stakes total weight 4.2oz
Main pole, Hilleberg Tarp pole (rear pole cut on-site from a stick), 12.2oz
Frankenstove (Kifaru cylinder style DIY with some TiGoat parts), 30oz
Total: 88oz

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
Also I was a bit surprised and disappointed when I put my stove on the scale. After my original post I went back and weighed all the stove pieces curious where all the weight was coming from.

Total Argali stove weight including 6’ pipe and all hardware was 50.9oz, which is 10+ ounces greater than the stated weight on their website. The carry cases came in at 14.7oz for both stove/pipe cases together.

Just a bit heavier than I was expecting I guess. I wonder if the burn in process and sooty black film left from burning added much to the weight? I suppose it’s possible as it’s carbon deposit. 10 oz seems a bit excessive though??
So i’m guessing the seek stoves weights are more accurate, they’re cheaper, lighter and made in America. I want to go with argali because set up looks easier but 10 oz and being more expensive is a deal breaker for me.

Dezurtrat

FNG
SO DCF cimarron 25.8
SO carbon pole 10.4
13 hyperlite stakes 7.1
guyline 1.5
SO medium uturn stove/case 18.7 or SO large uturn stove/case 21.5
SO 7.5 ft stove pipe/case 19.7
Tyvek ground sheet 9

95oz 5.9lbs with the large uturn
92.2oz 5.76lbs with the medium utrun

I don't see any ground sheets listed or is everyone laying their pads in the dirt?

OP
D
Just fyi for those interested. I emailed Argali about the weight discrepancies between my setup and their website. I heard back from Brad who was upfront and honest. The previous listed weights were taken on pre-production stoves and after a few tweaks on design and final production a few things changed.
Argali has now updated their website with accurate weights. Thank you Brad.

OP
D
I don't see any ground sheets listed or is everyone laying their pads in the dirt?
I'm actually going to use a bivy and a lighter 30 degree sleeping bag. My bivy seems like it adds a good 10 degrees+ to my sleeping bag so weight savings between this setup and a heavier bag/ground sheet are a wash. Plus I like being able to roll my bag/pad/pillow all up into one bedroll in the bivy for quick/easy packing. We'll see how it goes.

chav0_12

FNG
I have the Argali 2p and their stove, so a little less than yours. I think I need to find a better/lighter way to carry the stove and maybe pipe because I’m pretty sure that’s adding almost 2lbs to the whole deal.

OP
D
@chav0_12 yes agreed. My stove carry case is 11.4oz and pipe carry case is 3.3oz, so almost a pound. Good quality that should protect the stove from getting too warped/bent, but if you find a good alternative let me know. I'll be using regardless next week

chav0_12

FNG
@chav0_12 yes agreed. My stove carry case is 11.4oz and pipe carry case is 3.3oz, so almost a pound. Good quality that should protect the stove from getting too warped/bent, but if you find a good alternative let me know. I'll be using regardless next week
I was thinking of just finding a decent lighter weight bag that I could stuff it in. I know the case will protect it, but I’m not overly concerned about it, it does add quite a bit of bulk too. I’ll have to take a look at some things and maybe get some dimensions. But I was thinking something like one of the GOHUNT gear bags.

Maybe this something Brad could work on to provide as an option.

Last edited:

3Esski

FNG
Go lite shangri-la 3 i sewed a jack into 50oz, lite outdoors 18" 6' pipe 39 oz. 89 oz total. Switching to a quilt but hasn't arrived yet. Almost 5 lbs between bag, mat, and cloth so looking for that to come down a bunch.

It would be good of them to let you know the bags they include add so much weight. I never understand why companies try to hide weights. I guess they just count on one off sales and complacent repeat customers. Same with not listing that it is made overseas and charging made in USA prices.

mod7rem

FNG
I have a Golite Shangri-lá 4. I sewed in a TiGoat stove jack and also sewed on a silnylon sod skirt around the bottom. Total tent weight with stakes, pole and cord is 4.1 lbs.
The stove is a TiGoat 6” cylinder stove with pipe. Total weight for stove and pipe is 1.5 lbs.
Nice size for two guys with gear.