New around here from NC

03cobra

FNG
I have hunted the east cost all my life but have had the pleasure the last several years to be able to travel around to the western states WY is one of my favorite places. Growing up in the south I have done my fair share of Whitetail , Turkey and Hog hunting but have really wanted to branch out to the west for hunting. I went Elk hunting one time in CO on a private ranch but its hard for someone with little to no contacts out that way to get started in hunting out west with out wasting alot of time and money. If anyone is ever intested in showing a east coast guy the ropes of hunting out west let me know. And if any of you all can help and are instrested in hunting white tail , turkey and hogs on the east coast let me know I have several properties.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Colinc

FNG
Hey buddy. Also NC, I'm in 828. Did my first elk hunt last year, DIY style in CO. If you do some research it is totally doable on the cheap. Though I didn't fill my tag, I could have filled a dozen mule deer tags and cow elk (I was on a bull only tag in the San Juan mountains). I think all in, between tags, new gear, and travel I ended up spending around $2500 for the trip. Certainly more expensive than chasing white tails in Pisgah, but potentially less than you would think. Food for thought.