New arrows

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to upgrade my arrows and I’ve been shooting fmj’s for 10 years. My brother recommended victory rip tko’s. I’m a 60 yards or less shooter. Any thoughts?

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Any reasons you are looking at switching? Lower/higher arrow weight? Flatter trajectory? More FOC? etc? Victories TKO's are great but the outcerts and other add ons can add up. I personally like Easton Hexx. Best arrow for the money IMO and have been using them since 2014.

I shot the RIP TKOs last year. Never did send one thru and elk but killed 23 whitetails with them (I do urban deer mgt) and was very impressed. Prior to the TKO I shot BE Spartans and they seemed to break more easily
IMO the RIp TKO are a good balance for GPI still giving you a light enough arrow so you can get higher FOC without getting really heavy. Mine are 250 spine, 28” C2C with 100 gr inserts and 125 head for TAW of 525 and 18% FOC.

Some mention not to go this route because you have to mess with half outserts. However the easton HITS fit perfectly which I use the 100 gr brass. I do add a small top hat collar to reinforce the front.
Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'd recommend a standard diameter shaft (.244-.246"/6.5mm) with middle-of-the-road density such as a Black Eagle Outlaw, Easton 6.5mm Acu-Carbon, Gold Tip Hunter, Victory VForce.

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Use the iron will system the Aron Schnieder has his name on with these arrows. Very impressive

sneaky

"DADDY"
Any reasons you are looking at switching? Lower/higher arrow weight? Flatter trajectory? More FOC? etc? Victories TKO's are great but the outcerts and other add ons can add up. I personally like Easton Hexx. Best arrow for the money IMO and have been using them since 2014.
RIP TKOs don't require outserts. You can run HIT inserts in them just like FMJs or any other .204 shaft.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigbuckdj

WKR
I have a dozen rip tko elites and a dozen axis match grades. I really feel like the .204 arrows are where it’s at unless you are willing to drop the cheddar on a good micro system like the iron will. If money is no object and you care about FOC, I would probably get the rips. The axis match grades are a good bit cheaper but also heavier.

The rampages are somewhere between but they seem to have mixed reviews for durability, I’ll eventually make a set and have a .204 showdown.

At some point I’m going to shoot the axis and the rips and see at what point the higher FOC causes more drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Looking to upgrade my arrows and I’ve been shooting fmj’s for 10 years. My brother recommended victory rip tko’s. I’m a 60 yards or less shooter. Any thoughts?
If you're bow is already tuned and shots the FMJ well, just get the Axis. And Disney as the FMJ. Same spines available. And probably one of the most popular arrows or there. Slightly less GPI, very durable and easy to build if that's what you do.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Gapmaster

WKR
I switched to the VAP TKOs a few years ago and I absolutely love them. A few of my buddies switched after checking them out also. Fly great and have performed well on a couple bulls. I recently dropped weight from 70#-55 due to shoulder problems but they still perform excellent.

Gapmaster

WKR
Some mention not to go this route because you have to mess with half outserts. However the easton HITS fit perfectly which I use the 100 gr brass. I do add a small top hat collar to reinforce the front.
Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I’d like to see a pic of that. I shoot something similar and would like to see the setup.

KineKilla

WKR
Victory arrows are nice because they have that coating that lets them pull out of foam easily. If you want a lighter arrow than the fmj they are a good option.

FMJ are the strongest arrow I've shot but they're heavy.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
I’d like to see a pic of that. I shoot something similar and would like to see the setup.
It's just a HIT insert (so you can't see it) with an Easton BAR (Broadhead adapter ring) on the end.

The ring is sized by spine size(diameter inside and out) and fits over the end of the arrow between the point and the shaft. Total weight 5 grains.

The Axis are durable, but adding these little colors gives them more strength at the tip and squares the point to the arrow better (allegedly).

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have a dozen rip tko elites and a dozen axis match grades. I really feel like the .204 arrows are where it’s at unless you are willing to drop the cheddar on a good micro system like the iron will. If money is no object and you care about FOC, I would probably get the rips. The axis match grades are a good bit cheaper but also heavier.

The rampages are somewhere between but they seem to have mixed reviews for durability, I’ll eventually make a set and have a .204 showdown.

At some point I’m going to shoot the axis and the rips and see at what point the higher FOC causes more drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Rampages are a good shaft, but they are brittle.

sneaky

"DADDY"
It's just a HIT insert (so you can't see it) with an Easton BAR (Broadhead adapter ring) on the end.

The ring is sized by spine size(diameter inside and out) and fits over the end of the arrow between the point and the shaft. Total weight 5 grains.

The Axis are durable, but adding these little colors gives them more strength at the tip and squares the point to the arrow better (allegedly).

I went one step further on my Rampage build. HIT insert, BAR collar, and epoxied a footer over the outside of the shaft behind the bar collar. The Rampages are good arrows, but brittle. That's about as strong a setup as can be done on them, and I've still had issues on solid hits. Lots of good .204 arrows on the market now, we're pretty spoiled these days.

JoeDirt

WKR
Ethics archery has .204" HIT inserts with footers now. They seems to fit Victory RIP TKOs a little tighter than the Iron Will footers.