New arrows

mcamakua

FNG
I've been contemplating going to TKO from Axis 300 for the lower gpi but wasn't sure on the durability. I've heard both sides that one is tougher than the other.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I've been contemplating going to TKO from Axis 300 for the lower gpi but wasn't sure on the durability. I've heard both sides that one is tougher than the other.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, why would you want a lower GPI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to upgrade my arrows and I’ve been shooting fmj’s for 10 years. My brother recommended victory rip tko’s. I’m a 60 yards or less shooter. Any thoughts?
good news is, anything is an upgrade from fmj's! so ya have lots of options, haha

i have become a black eagle fan, i shoot spartans with my compound and rampage out of my recurves. shot axis for years, and they are a solid arrow in their own right. i like a 500-550gr arrow myself, but have killed elk with arrows from 380gr to 642gr... it really doesn't need to be too over thought, i think avoid the extremes at either end (super light or heavy) decide where you want to be in that middle ground and find an arrow that fits your needs.

what i like about the spartan is the insert, standard style insert, but smaller diameter arrow, the insert is SS and accepts screw in weights, and BE has amazing spine tolerance which streamlines nock tuning a bunch... that's why i shoot that particular arrow. i have 228gr up front (28gr insert and 200gr head) and with that setup, i can shoot any head pretty much up to 200gr, the screw in weights add a ton of versatility for me

Wapack

FNG
The GT Kinetic Kaos will be a couple gpi lighter than the fmj and way tougher especially using hits with them. I think that's the toughest over all shaft I have ever used. Still comparatively heavy though. As others have said the GT hunter series is great too.

I’d like to see a pic of that. I shoot something similar and would like to see the setup.

Here is a pic of the RIP TKO with HIT and a small top hat. Excuse the dirty broadheads - pass thru on a couple deer.
709d48d6dbcf6f61868fbe68ed0c844a.jpg

This is a great thread! I am also going with a new setup using the RIP TKO after a few failures with my Axis' and an interest in knocking off a couple of GPI. I feel like a guy would want to be even more selective with their elk shots using a lighter arrow, but being that I hunt elk with a bow 1/4 of the time, I figured that's an okay trade-off.

Would love to hear of folks' experience on elk with those RIP TKOs.

I built
14855b57cc59b1dc9990dcf4e5d28752.jpg

my 250 spine RIP TKOs for elk. Not a super heavy arrow but at 525 grains and 18% FOC, I feel it is a good balance. They are definitely durable - less brittle than the Spartans I was shooting. Unfortunately I didn’t go elk hunting with bow last year and turned in my tag to help my sister in an ARizona tag she drew. Here is a pic of a Hunor broadhead that passed thru a deer and hit a rock. No damage to arrow.

jpmulk

WKR
Shot the rampages for the last two years. Just switched to the easton axis. I think the axis will be an all around better arrow. Either will get the job done though. I like the insert on the axis better than the halfsert of the rampage. Also think the axis has slightly thicker walls. I put a 50 grain insert into the axis. Kept my foc at 12.6.

Elest98

FNG
I went through this as well. After a long issue with Goldtip air strikes I was interested in Victory arrows. Well couldn’t find them in stock anywhere. And knowing I was gonna shoot iron will’s I decided to go with X-impacts with the Snyder core system. Increased durability for micro and can obtain a good FOC.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Shot the rampages for the last two years. Just switched to the easton axis. I think the axis will be an all around better arrow. Either will get the job done though. I like the insert on the axis better than the halfsert of the rampage. Also think the axis has slightly thicker walls. I put a 50 grain insert into the axis. Kept my foc at 12.6.
HIT inserts that fit Axis shafts also fit Rampages. I don't run half outs on any .204 shaft.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i am a big fan of heavy arrows and have been using injections and or fmjs for awhile but had good success with both gold tip pro hunters and carbon express maximas. i walked away from the heavy slow arrows for 3-4 years before i came back to the dark side. i do miss the flatter trajectory shooting targets but when the moment of truth comes i never question why i have a heavy arrow nocked

goosenado

FNG
QAD Exodus are best flying I've shot. Literally feels like shoot field points. Fixed blade and replaceable blades as well. Have them in front of some nexxus bowhunting shafts (also just an unreal product).

Cs36

FNG
I shot the RIP TKOs last year. Never did send one thru and elk but killed 23 whitetails with them (I do urban deer mgt) and was very impressed. Prior to the TKO I shot BE Spartans and they seemed to break more easily
IMO the RIp TKO are a good balance for GPI still giving you a light enough arrow so you can get higher FOC without getting really heavy. Mine are 250 spine, 28” C2C with 100 gr inserts and 125 head for TAW of 525 and 18% FOC.

Some mention not to go this route because you have to mess with half outserts. However the easton HITS fit perfectly which I use the 100 gr brass. I do add a small top hat collar to reinforce the front.
Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hey brother, would you mind sharing the info on your bow setup as well?

Hey brother, would you mind sharing the info on your bow setup as well?

I have two bows set up to hunt with these arrows.
Mathew’s V3X 33, 29 draw, 69 lbs, Hamskey rest. Shoots 269 fps with 80% mods and 268 with 85%

Hoyt Rx4 Ultra, 29 draw, 71 lbs, with Hamskey rest. Shoots 261 with 80%mods and 260 with 85% mods

Had great performance with this arrow again this year on a small Wyoming bull tipped with a black hornet broadhead. Plus 18 whitetails. (I do urban deer mgt).