New cable

I got back to Iowa from an elk hunt and found a frayed cable. Deer season starts in a few days. I had the archery shop order a new cable and the guy there said they can throw it on whenever and it shouldn't change anything. Does this sound right to you guys?

This is a brand new pro defiant that I got broke in and everything settled right before I left for Wyoming , if that changes your thoughts.

Check for proper cable length for draw weight and timing and you should be good to go.

I installed a set of new cables and left the string alone due to separated serving 2 weeks before an elk hunt and didn't have a lick of problems after setting cable/yoke lengths.

OP
M
Thanks. Hate to have to make changes to anything this close to season after having to work to get fixed blades flying right

OR Archer

WKR
Have them mark your cams on each side of your limbs before removing the cable. When they install the new cable they have those references marks to use to get the timing set exactly like it was before. If it’s the buss cable make a reference of your cam lean as well.