New CO bear hunter seeking advice - Western slope

there were hundreds of rotten logs ripped open around me, plus multiple destroyed bee hives. day 1 we called a small bear in to about 25 yards. Strangely, there was one hillside covered in berries of all types and at least 2 bee hives that had zero bear sign. one of the scat piles indicated an anus diameter of about 2.5 inches. seems like that had have been a really nice bear.

all in all, the sign was similar to what i've seen in the past, and we matched previous years with 1 close range bear encounter during our elk hunt.

Reactions: RCB

Poser

WKR
Just spent 3.5 days out in my favorite fall bear area. There had been a mast failure this summer, which was surprising given the snowpack. Not enough concentration of acorns to pull them in like usual. Went and scouted 2,000 feet lower in the 7,000 range today and mast was loaded, even dripping but bears haven’t worked through the area yet. Gonna that 7k profile this weekend.

Reactions: RCB

FLS

WKR
Ive elk hunted those units a couple of times and saw bears and lots of sign. Seemed like they were all in the oak / aspen transition.

tmorty

FNG
If you can pick up a 75 or 74 leftover or b list bear tag I could get you on a bear I’m quite sure.