New EDC Pistol

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Yeah I believe the drop safe problem has mostly been resolved. The bigger thing now is them blowing up, which I've seen more of recently. Attached pic isn't mine, but I've seen several cases like this posted recently. Definitely not happening to every gun, but a failure like this makes me wary no matter the percent affected.

Not trying to steer you away from your pistol, and not trying to overhype the problems, just don't think stuff like this should be glossed over. I'm glad yours works well for you and I hope it continues to! Better to have more responsible people carrying than not, no matter what they choose to carry.

That’s not a blown up gun, that a pistol that got broke in half- look at the bottom of the grip. The “P320’s are blowing up” is coming form USPSA com shooters and reloaders doing nonsense- the same thing happens to Glocks and every other polymer pistol. I have seen several “blown up” Glocks at matches.

I am far from an Sig fan, however I have shot M18’s and 17’s and various P320’s heavily, and have seen a lot of rounds fired through them by others. The pistol can have some issues, but it isn’t in blowing up or basic function.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
P365X Pushed my g26 out of the rotation

P365x in pants
Ruger LCP2 in shorts
22 mag black widow while at the beach in my thong. Easily concealed as I look like I sat on a squirrel.

grfox92

WKR
That’s not a blown up gun, that a pistol that got broke in half- look at the bottom of the grip. The “P320’s are blowing up” is coming form USPSA com shooters and reloaders doing nonsense- the same thing happens to Glocks and every other polymer pistol. I have seen several “blown up” Glocks at matches.

I am far from an Sig fan, however I have shot M18’s and 17’s and various P320’s heavily, and have seen a lot of rounds fired through them by others. The pistol can have some issues, but it isn’t in blowing up or basic function.
Good to hear from someone with experience. A lot of retired tier one and special operations guys praise the Sig 365s, but it's hard to tell if they are sponsored or being honest about their opinions.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Good to hear from someone with experience. A lot of retired tier one and special operations guys praise the Sig 365s, but it's hard to tell if they are sponsored or being honest about their opinions.

Yes to both.

My 380 M&P bodyguard is so cozy. I keep a PSA Jakl pistol in 300 Blackout in the truck for when things get really spicy.

Venom One

WKR
Could also be perpetuated by Sig haters on the internet.

Seems right; Sig isn't perfect and deserves some negative press at times, but it's blown way out of proportion IMO. Generally by one crowd in particular....

love my hellcat
Me too.

I had a G43 (bought one for my wife, and one for myself) and then started wanting a 365 so I could use it for woods carry rather than my G20… had every intention of getting a 365 but I liked the hellcat better, it wasn’t really even on my radar, but I absolutely love it, and I shoot it really well.

Now I can say that the durability seems really good too, it’s lived on my pack waist belt and bino harness most of its life and been exposed to a lot of moisture, fern pollen, dirt and brush with very minimal care and still runs smooth and shoots everything I put in the mag. It’s been a great pistol

grfox92

WKR
Seems right; Sig isn't perfect and deserves some negative press at times, but it's blown way out of proportion IMO. Generally by one crowd in particular....
Yea and that crowd is just mad that the grip on their pistols feels like it was cut out of a 2x4.

NSI

WKR
I find the x Macro to be easy enough to conceal while being shockingly shootable. The expansion chamber provides much of the benefit of compensation without inducing as much ammo pickiness. The trigger isn’t Walther good, but it doesn’t get in your way shooting at practical distances the way some poor striker triggers can. The 17 round magazines are an optical illusion in length and girth. Most importantly, the grip just seems to fit a lot of hands - mine included - while the 320s and 226s seem to be “love it or hate it.” Fits a TLR-7a great.

If you step up in size I’d look at a PDP F.

Best,
-J

Big fan of my P365. Gonna upgrade to the X Macro when the safety version comes out and give my wife the original P365. Shoots great for its size. Gonna slap a Holosun EPS carry on it as well.

Reactions: NSI
OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Man I you guys are making it hard.

I went and looked at the M&P 2.0 and the x macro last night.

I was half tempted to just put an icarus grip module on my p365 with a new slide but a new gun sounds better.

texag10

WKR
I'd vote P365 Macro, having mag commonality would be nice and the 17rd mags would be a good option to carry a reload. Holoson EPS carry, 6 MOA dot for the sight. Enclosed emitter so it's easier to clear off lint from carrying, easy battery changes that don't require removal of the optic, and relatively affordable.

Dedicate time to practice presentations, you shouldn't need weird tricks to avoid losing the dot. Doing shit like "dropping the dot from 12 o'clock" or trying to use irons to get the dot on target are going to ingrain bad habits and make you think dots are slower than irons. This is demonstrably false for anyone who doesn't suck and has dedicated time to practice.

Reactions: NSI