New Firstlite is shiny

Dwnorton1

FNG
I have been using firstlite merino since 2015. This year I replaced a few well worn items. I noticed something that I wanted to bring awareness to.

The black midweight is shiny. I would have been pissed had I ordered reflective camo.

I understand non merino fibers for strength. But did not expect shiny.

I want merino with a side of merino.

Still love the fit but will not buy in camo. Around the house or deeply buried layer at best.

Just wanted to keep someone from being surprised from their high dollar purchase.

Shiney First Lite.jpg

Last edited:

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
I bought and sent back a base layer a few weeks ago. It was some of the scratchiest merino I've ever felt and for the same price as every other brands its pretty disappointing.

I got some of their base layers a couple short months ago. No issues other than size and I decided I wanted hoodies for my 2 tops I ordered. I utilized that great return policy for size change. For the crew to hoodie I was credited and ordered the hoodie in my size, with not a single hiccup. No shiny or itchy on mine, thank God.

chwebb03

FNG
My aerosol seemed itchy too. The Klamath hoody in Fusion whatever the green is called seemed shiny as well. Fit was great, Klamath was comfortable but shiny to me.

Marshmi

FNG
I’m curious which brands of merino you guys are finding less scratchy. I had no problems with my ‘19 wick or ‘20 fuse long sleeve shirts in fusion with either the feel or shine. I loaded up on some badlands layers last season, and though I realize they are not in the same price category, they are pretty uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Kostrize

WKR
I’ve bought Wick, Kiln, and Furnace layers in the last year or two in solids. They’ve all been extremely comfortable and not shiny. True to size as well

IMO FL merino is still top of the line in terms of quality

ChrisAU

WKR
I’ve bought Wick, Kiln, and Furnace layers in the last year or two in solids. They’ve all been extremely comfortable and not shiny. True to size as well

IMO FL merino is still top of the line in terms of quality

Echo this exactly.