New Hornady bullet

Duh

WKR
Anyone seeing these yet? I can’t find anything on BC’s for the 22 cal. Just debating on holding out on buying a bunch of vmax bullets for my 22-250 now.

Attachments

• IMG_6391.jpeg
    IMG_6391.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 411
Just watched a video that said .382 for the BC with a 62gr bullet for the new 22arc. Will need a fast twist barrel to shoot them!

Reactions: Duh
OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
60 gr tmk is pretty close for bc already.
That’s a hard bullet to find. Haven’t found any online or locally in a while. Ended up getting the 69 smks instead.

This new VT looks pretty violent for expansion. I’m definitely excited to try some of them.

Yes seirra bullets have been hit or miss for a few years. I’ll be curious how that new bullet stacks up against the vmax. Hopefully it doesn’t fragment as quickly, so it gets more penetration on quartering shots. I’ve used the seirra 55 spt for a couple of years now, they work great out of a 250.

I see 60 TMK as .323? .382 is a little higher than a 69 TMKs listed BC.
Correct, but he is looking for a lighter bullet (assuming good BC since he is looking at this new bullet). That is the only one I am aware of that checks that box and would be good for coyotes.

For fun I looked on hornadys website just now. They have .395 listed for the new 62gr! So really nothing close to it for BC until you get up to 70+ grains.

I used v max for coyotes years ago when they were new and the gun writers raves about them on coyotes
I lost a coyote and bobcat the same night due to bullet splash. 220 swift
Used a serria HP for a few years then switched to 55 gr sp
It flat anchors a coyote wether is a 223 or 22-250. If you’re hung up on BC you will give up on them but 99 % of my coyotes are shot 100 yds or less. Although I did shoot one at over 400 with those bullets driven from a 223

This will be pretty amazing bullets if they are 62 grains and the b.c. is accurate. Ar's, bolt guns especially a grendel case or a 22-250 or 22 creed these will smoke animals way out there, will be interesting to see how fur friendly they are or are not.

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
This will be pretty amazing bullets if they are 62 grains and the b.c. is accurate. Ar's, bolt guns especially a grendel case or a 22-250 or 22 creed these will smoke animals way out there, will be interesting to see how fur friendly they are or are not.
If loading these for a 22-250 bolt gun, would one possibly have to run them a little slower out of a 1:8 twist to avoid them spinning apart? Or could I possibly load them to get 3500ish or more fps?

xsn10s

WKR
I got the 53 and 60 grain vmax too. When do
You guys think the ELD-VT will hit the shelves?
I have no idea. I would guess soon while the excitement is here. Most likely before this spring for varmint season.