New hunting arrow setup suggestions, what are y’all shooting?

If you can some how manage to find some, Easton ACC 3-71 arrows are tough to beat. It's still my go-to arrow after all these years. I have two dozen left and after that I'll be looking for something else. Probably the .204" variety of TKO with a HIT insert.

I didn’t take the time to read every page so pardon me if this has already been mentioned. Ask most older archers, myself included, how much foc we ran when we shot aluminum. There may have been people building heavy arrows. That I don’t know. But I do know most people I knew and myself just screwed a 75-125 gr broadhead on and went and killed ****. I have some Easton XX75s that I built and was shooting most of 2023 and with the 100 gr tips I was shooting they had about 7.5% foc. I myself tended to ignore what I should have already knew from my experiences years ago and asked the question on AT. I got some good responses like what I just said here. “We never even knew what foc was back in the 80s and 90s and we all killed stuff”. It’s true. Someone said earlier in this thread “to let foc fall where it may” I couldn’t agree more. I run 6.5 carbon arrows with the stock aluminum inserts, 3-4 fletches on a 4.5” wrap and standard nocks.

Now that I’ve gotten this out of the way I’d like to ask about total arrow weight myself. I came here to search this topic up and found this thread. I’m going to be buying new broadheads this summer and I’m on the fence whether to get 100 gr or 125. The difference would be a total arrow weight of 440 or 465. Should I go for the heavier shaft or is 25 grains anything to consider when it comes to a hunting arrow?

Currently running the black eagle rampage 300 spine .204 with the stainless steel insert. Weight is around 465 with a 125 grain broad head. Draw is 70lbs at 28.5 inches. They have been pretty accurate and durable. The half out is remotely tough but titanium is the way to go to make it bullet proof. The arrows spun pretty well out the box 9-12 straight. Cut arrows from both ends that spun funny and they ran true. Just don't shoot one into a horse mat you will pull the insert out if its hot melted ask me how I know lol.

Use Archer's Advantage or a similar application to play around with different arrows and configurations. You may find out that the numbers you're wanting aren't quite possible. I haven't built any arrows as short as you will need, but 15% FOC under 475 gr seems like a tough task, especially with a lighted nock.
And chrono your bow and get actual numbers to plug into your arrow build software. They are not 100% accurate. My bow, new string chronod at 282 and the app shows it over 290 which changes spine calculations and other things. Don't just plug numbers in find out what they truly are.

nphunter

WKR
And chrono your bow and get actual numbers to plug into your arrow build software. They are not 100% accurate. My bow, new string chronod at 282 and the app shows it over 290 which changes spine calculations and other things. Don't just plug numbers in find out what they truly are.

This is great advice, very few bows hit their advertised IBO, especially once you start getting away from the top of the cam.