New Kifaru Attaching Help

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
I finally decided to upgrade my pack system and went from Tenzing to Kifaru. Although I am pleased with the decision after trying it on with weight but now feel overwhelmed with all the options/possibilities there are. I went with the Duplex Tactical Frame, Muskeg 7,000, the guide lid and medium pocket and got a cargo net as well. I would look to see how others are connecting all the different packs, pockets, lids, and idea on the cargo net with the bare frame and cargo net/pockets. Figured I’d rather ask around here then email their customer service as I assume they are swamped! Thanks for any input

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
My story is similar to yours except I had a kuiu and went to kifaru. Also all of my purchases were from the classifieds. Started with a duplex hunter frame, and wanted a cheap option to get the frame fitted to me so I bought a cargo net. For training or second load of meat I think it's the berries. I toyed with zip tying pockets to the back of it but they get floppy. I ended up selling it but honestly the net, a lid, and belt pockets would cover 90% of my needs. Recently bought a gen 1 nomad and like you, I'm trying to figure it all out!

hwy5076

FNG
I've been using kifaru frames for many years now and still find new ways to carry my gear. I have a cargo panel and cargo net and cargo chair and still find so many different uses for each. I like to ditch my pack and go frame with pockets/net for light carry once at camp. Good luck on your discoveries but you can't go wrong with your choice on Kifaru.

OP
Jxferg7

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using kifaru frames for many years now and still find new ways to carry my gear. I have a cargo panel and cargo net and cargo chair and still find so many different uses for each. I like to ditch my pack and go frame with pockets/net for light carry once at camp. Good luck on your discoveries but you can't go wrong with your choice on Kifaru.
How are attaching the pockets when only using the frame and cargo net?? Any pics?

Just ordered the muskeg 5000 with lite frame I ordered a belt pouch size medium and size small. I'll probably just run those two pouches the small size on top and meduim in the middle with a nalgene bottle holder on the hip belt. I like to keep it simple but if I ever need more room I might run a guide lid on occasion or order a large belt pouch.

hwy5076

FNG
I prefer my tactical frame as it has more attachment points over the hunter frame. Usually just an e&e or malice claymore with net or cargo panel stowed until it's time to haul out quarters.

SoCal Rob

FNG
Just ordered the muskeg 5000 with lite frame I ordered a belt pouch size medium and size small. I'll probably just run those two pouches the small size on top and meduim in the middle with a nalgene bottle holder on the hip belt. I like to keep it simple but if I ever need more room I might run a guide lid on occasion or order a large belt pouch.
How is the bottle holder working out for you on the lite hip belt?

octavius

FNG
I went from a bladder to a bottle holder on the belt when I changed to Kifaru. Kind of like it better as it makes you stop to drink rather than just pushing though while chugging on a tube...

I have the bottle holder on one side and a small belt pouch on the other with snacks. Works well.

Have since added a guide lid for easier access to hats, gloves, etc so as not to have to rummage into the pack for these.