New lumbar pack from Kifaru, the Hellcat.

I'm really considering one of these for deer/turkey. Looks perfect for easy access while hanging in a tree.

VAHunter01

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking I need one of these for small game and scouting/camera trips.

Looks more comfortable and practical than my old Late Season.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a big, ancient Dana Design lumbar pack, pretty sure it's the Jefferson. It's great for day hunts - especially when it's hot. However, when it gets to a certain weight the bouncing gets to be a problem.

Does the harness fix the bounce issue? If so this could be a killer pack for a lot of applications.

bsnedeker

WKR
Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This hellcat Danny pack thing looks pretty cool. I’m not sure what I’d really do with it though.

Looking at this pack I have a hard time believing it's significantly better than this guy from Alps for $67 shipped:.

ALPS OutdoorZ (9411199) Brushed Realtree Xtra HD Pathfinder Hunting Pack
Amazon.com: ALPS OutdoorZ (9411199) Brushed Realtree Xtra HD Pathfinder Hunting Pack : Sports & Outdoors

I've had one of these for years and love it for small game hunting. Extremely versatile.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

You can't even compare the two. For $68 I'm sure it's a steal of a deal. But the off the shelf ONE SIZE FITS A FEW packs are horrible for bigger guys like myself. Unless your a 32-34 waist the belts a completely useless. On me the belt pouches would be behind me. There is a reason all of these high end packs are expensive but we'll worth it.

Looking at this pack I have a hard time believing it's significantly better than this guy from Alps for $67 shipped:.

Amazon.com: ALPS OutdoorZ (9411199) Brushed Realtree Xtra HD Pathfinder Hunting Pack : Sports & Outdoors

I've had one of these for years and love it for small game hunting. Extremely versatile.

The alpz doesnt have a rhino

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

bozeman

WKR
You are correct, can't compare $68 to $270..........for $200 I'll deal with belt pouches 5" or 6" inches out of place.....

You can't even compare the two. For $68 I'm sure it's a steal of a deal. But the off the shelf ONE SIZE FITS A FEW packs are horrible for bigger guys like myself. Unless your a 32-34 waist the belts a completely useless. On me the belt pouches would be behind me. There is a reason all of these high end packs are expensive but we'll worth it.

Where is the ALPS pack made? China?

I'm definitely not a fan of this pack, but I strive real hard to buy products made in the USA.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
Love the look of this thing! I bet it would be perfect for early season day hunts. And easier to shoot a bow with than a regular pack on your back. Day hunting for mule deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah, I get you there. Obviously the kifaru is also going to be made out much better materials. I guess in my mind a lumbar pack is a light duty item used during light activity so it doesn't warrant a premium price. I only wear the Alps pack a few times a year when my daughter and I have time to chase squirrels!

i like using my tailgunner but anything larger , i use my daypack ,plus crawling through thickets with a full lumber was a bit annoying.i had a kom lumbar made from wool,mortally quiet when stalking but still,catching on the thickets crawling.

adamm88

WKR
I think it looks great but iv done the fanny pack thing and i cant find a spot in my system for one. I look at this and my heart skips a beat and i think this would be a great addition to my current setup but as a gear whore i know I would use it twice and it would sit in my closet until i need to unload it for money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk