New lumbar pack from Kifaru, the Hellcat.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Love the look of this thing! I bet it would be perfect for early season day hunts. And easier to shoot a bow with than a regular pack on your back. Day hunting for mule deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until you need to haul something out.....that’s where my hangup is. I like the idea of just throwing that on and heading out for a day though.

You are correct, can't compare $68 to $270..........for $200 I'll deal with belt pouches 5" or 6" inches out of place.....

That's the great thing with having choices. Myself personally I want my pack/equipment to work and use as it was ment to be. So have the LUCK if being a big guy. That means higher end equipment. It's something I struggled with many years ago having to spend so much. 15 Kifarus, SG, MR, KUIU, AND CURRENTLY a Seek Outside. I have really come to appreciate the best packs made. But fully understand not for everyone.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
I'll likely be picking one up, but I won't be using it for big game hunting. For me it has a place when hanging/checking trail cams, hunting rabbits, general hiking, hauling camera gear, etc. I have an Easton flatline pack I currently use for these situations but I've come to appreciate a quality pack and I know this would be an upgrade for me. There is a place for the Easton and Alps packs in the market but I also believe there is a place for the higher end stuff like this. Fit, function, durability, because the cool kids are buying them, whatever the reason I think it will sell and I'll likely be a buyer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jeffh0214

FNG
Until you need to haul something out.....that’s where my hangup is. I like the idea of just throwing that on and heading out for a day though.

I’m in the same boat. I love the minimalism and idea of a lumbar pack, but my stripped down SO Divide 4500 weighs just an ounce more, carries/flexes like a day pack, and can haul 100 lbs +.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really liking this pack. I will be picking one up and it's going to see a mess of spent shotty shells, quail, chuckar and big rooties!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cochran53

FNG
As Aron points out in the video, I think this will be an excellent camera bag. Especially for dragging the camera along scouting here in the midwest.

OP
PNWTO

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Necrobump to see if anyone has any field experience with the Hellcat yet.

twall13

WKR
No experience yet but I do have one on order. We'll see how I like it after I get some time with it this fall.

twall13

WKR
I discovered the Hellcat works better than I would have thought as a makeshift kid carrier. It was much better than carrying her in my arms through the airport.
afbfa6469d7746e5e9decb761f22032e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The hellcat harness is much easier to adjust than the older X harness on the tailgunners/scout.

I use the hellcat bag without the harness or the belt now. Yes, just as a grab bag. Without the stays and no compression straps the bag just doesn't work as a great lumbar pack in my opinion. It's not low profile at all (about the size of a basketball), which is where the tailgunners/scout really shined.

Good news is that you can use the new harness on the tailgunners/scout without any modification.