New Model 70 or X-Bolt

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to buy either a new Browning X-Bolt with a Maple stock or a new Winchester Model 70 w/ Maple stock. It seems the Winchester is a little nicer, after looking at them. Just curious what your thoughts are? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sakohunter264

Lil-Rokslider
For feed and function the model 70 is where I put my faith. Nothing wrong with brownings, but model 70s are just tried and true.

I do most of my rifle hunting with a new model 70 extreme weather and love it, I’m sure you would probably be happy with either but I would never steer anyone away from a model 70

Sandstrom

WKR
I would go with the model 70 based on the requirement of the maple stock. In the looks department it is going to be great!!
Please post pictures!
Ryan

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m a big Winchester fan, I have a few of the extreme weather rifles and a couple stainless classics so not the wood you are asking about but all the same I do like winchesters.

Again, not what you are asking about but the browning hells canyon long range sure checks a lot of boxes for me.

I own both in 7RM and can’t imagine a situation where I would grab the Winchester over the Browning. The X-Bolt is far more accurate, comfortable, and a pleasure to shoot. That’s just my experience.

Model 70 is "the rifleman's rifle".... or, now that they are made in Portugal "o rifle do atirador".

M70 is a classic. X-bolt, not so much

for decades, I've seen A-bolts and X-bolts on the rack at sportsman's & other places, yet I never see them at the range or among other hunters.

buy them both and report back to us (with pictures) :)

Poole

OXN939

WKR
I have an X Bolt and a few M70s. The X Bolt is a really easy rifle to shoot well, especially if you tweak the trigger. Mine has an Mcarbo trigger kit which feels just like a Timney. Both are excellent choices- the only way to tell which one you personally prefer is to handle them in person side by side.

Unclecroc

FNG
I was in the same boat as you a month ago, and after handling both the decision was clear. I ended up with a Winchester model 70 featherweight compact in 6.5 creedmoor. The fit snd finish is superb, the trigger is really good it’s one of the nicer factory triggers I’ve felt. Accuracy has been very good as well. I would recommend whichever feels the best to you as they are both very nice rifles, but I have no complaints with my Winchester.

Attachments

• 1EBFD691-3E7F-4104-8452-0257BC6990B3.jpeg
    1EBFD691-3E7F-4104-8452-0257BC6990B3.jpeg
    933.1 KB · Views: 67

topher89

WKR
Model 70. I have a newer sporter in 264 Win Mag. Not even a super grade or nicer wood and it’s a great looking gun

I would think the OP made his purchase by now...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk