New PAC Boot Recommendations

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve worn a number of brands over the years. But finally wore out my last pair and need new ones. I’m thinking of Schnees, Kennetrek, Hoffman or LLBean. Any real world experiences? Thanks in advance.

My feet get COLD. So looking at total warmth and the warmth to weight ratios pretty closely.

Outlaw99

WKR
Really like my Hoffman’s, and they’re customer service is second to none

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I own a pair of Schnees that have been resoled twice (within short order!) with their new bottoms. They don’t fit my feet like the original.

If I we’re in the market for new pac boots I’d buy and try the Hoffman’s.

wgood

FNG
Schnee’s pacs are what I got last year and my feet didn’t get cold, even cuttin firewood in the -20 WY weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The soles on my schnees cracked with very minimal use and the soft leather soaks up water (wet heavy snow) like a sponge. Hoffman will be my next if I cant find a pair of NIB whites before then

1000yrds

FNG
I own the cabelas predators and they are nice (very), but for the money (and you ARE talking about just setting) I would buy a set of bunny boots off of ebay. GI's in Fairbanks been wearing them for decades. Plus if you get into overflow you'll appreciate waterproof boots. AND if you go into your knees, you can wipe them dry inside and get them back on quick and not lose a foot. If the conditions are unknown (snowmachine/icefish/skiplane) I take the bunny boots.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve worn a number of brands over the years. But finally wore out my last pair and need new ones. I’m thinking of Schnees, Kennetrek, Hoffman or LLBean. Any real world experiences? Thanks in advance.

My feet get COLD. So looking at total warmth and the warmth to weight ratios pretty closely.

Just an FYI, our Boot Sale just started today. 20% Off all of our Pac Boots and a few mountain boots. Check it out here:

ChrisS

WKR
Just an FYI, our Boot Sale just started today. 20% Off all of our Pac Boots and a few mountain boots. Check it out here:

what's your recommendation for a wider pac? size up 1 or 2? I've tried a pair in my normal size (and I'm just shy of having a "wide" foot) and they were too tight. I don't want boots with too much slop in the other direction.

1000yrds

FNG
Bought a pair of Hoffman pac boots years ago when I went to Pennsylvania every year to deer hunt with my brother, they kept my feet warm even in bitter cold. One year I gave them to my brother because he needed good warm boots for working in winter outside in a log yard at the mill where he worked. He said they were the best boots he ever wore for warmth, comfort, and durability. He wore out many pairs of Sorrels over the years.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
what's your recommendation for a wider pac? size up 1 or 2? I've tried a pair in my normal size (and I'm just shy of having a "wide" foot) and they were too tight. I don't want boots with too much slop in the other direction.
You could go up one size and then try a thicker sock(s). I run the same setup my self. I am usually a 11 wide, but wear a 12 Hunter II well.