New Rifle - Barrett Fieldcraft

JFK

WKR
I was looking at these rifles online yesterday. Has anyone shot them with non-lead ammo? If so, how was accuracy? Reason I ask is that they specifically state that they optimize the throat to avoid bullet jump and that the rifles should favor heavy for caliber bullets. Both those things had me a little concerned since copper bullets tend to be more accurate when they jump, and you also want to shoot light for caliber to keep speed up. Would be interested in hearing any real world experience with copper/non-lead ammo.

hodgeman

WKR
Has anyone shot them with non-lead ammo? If so, how was accuracy? Reason I ask is that they specifically state that they optimize the throat to avoid bullet jump and that the rifles should favor heavy for caliber bullets..

I've shot mine with Trophy Copper and it did just fine. Mine prefers the 140gr and up bullets but I've never found anything it didn't shoot reasonably well.

Not sure about the bullet jump for every bullet, but my ELD-X hand loads have 0.060"+ of bullet jump and shoot 1/2 MOA. I would imagine just about any factory load has that much or more in my rifle. The long for caliber bullets seem to be pretty tolerant of long distances to lands.