New rifle, need high cheek

Read a lot of posts on this site, very helpful group. Apparently I can’t handle a lot of comb drop on my long guns. I got fitted for my shotguns couple years ago. I am finding the same fit issue in rifles.

In the market for a new deer rifle and have done a good bit of research on various brands. I haven’t seen stock measurements on most rifle websites like I found with shotguns. Of the ones I have tried locally, they don’t fit me well where I can have a good cheek mount and see in the scope.

I have a short list of rifles that come with an adjustable cheek comb, most are heavy or more tactical/competigive models. My other option is to buy a new gun then modify or replace the stock with a riser. Id rather not try to do it with a pad.

Ones I found with adjustable cheek that have other specs I like-
In budget:
Savage 110 Timberline and Ultralite
Bergara HMR Carbon Wilderness (heavier than I want) & Wilderness Sierra (coming soon but like specs)
CA Evoke (coming soon and heavier than I want)

More than I was planning to spend:
Bergara Premier Divide
Sake 90 Adventure

Rifles I was leaning toward that aren’t adjustable: (whats cost of a new stock that’s adjustable or to add good riser?)
Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech
Bergara B14 Hunter

Open to suggestions from those been down this road or know more about this than I do. I do know I can go custom, and may sometime, but not for this one. Saving that for the long range big game one.

j_volt

WKR
I like a high cheek. I’m not a big fan of adjustable stocks due to weight. My main two rifles are in an XLR chassis (adjustable) and an EH1 with a Triad Stock Pack. I didn’t think I would like the stock pack, but I am a huge fan.

180ls1

WKR
Browning Western Hunter. I have two. I paid $650/850 and they both are under 1" at 100 and needed a better trigger spring ($15). One is just over 7lbs (300prc) the other is just under (6.5prc).

Triad stock pack is the answer for your comb height desires. It adds utility as well with the pouch.

Everyone here will recommend tikka
But pick the one you like the most. The sauer 100s are another oft overlooked option.

I'd buy used if possible you can save a lot of money and possibly find a rifle that's proven to shoot.

Steve P

FNG
Just picked up a Bergara Sierra in 308. Hopefully it's not picky with ammo

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
I tape mole skin or neoprene to the stock and put an ammo sleeve over it. Adjustable combs on my target rifles.

KyleV26

FNG
Check out the new ruger american gen ii. They are in a class below what you mentioned but they are nice rifles that shoot great.