New SG bino harness is on the way ...

If I learned that the straps fit, I'd call them and ask if I could buy just the straps. They say no, case closed. I wouldn't mind trying the new straps on my skyline, but don't really want to buy whole new set up to find out how the new straps feel.
Fair enough. Let us know what they say if you call.

ok, so if no need for the wings one just cuts them off I guess.
Um... No. The straps attach to the wings. You cut them off and you cut the straps that attach to the bino pouch. I am fairly certain of that.

So the side pockets just stick on externally via that Velcro patch? Or do they have a channel that the wing slips through, then Velcro to secure them in place?

So the side pockets just stick on externally via that Velcro patch? Or do they have a channel that the wing slips through, then Velcro to secure them in place?
Like 2 minutes ago I was watching all of the videos that stone glacier put up on their YouTube channel. They put out 3 different videos I think. They describe things in great detail

What velcro and what noise on the new one.

The bear spray holder velcro was the noise maker on the first version but only enough to annoy me I don't think it affected my hunting anywhere I wanted to carry spray. The way they have it mounted is a bit hokey.

I just watched the video in the app. It almost looks like you can attach the new accessories to the gen 1 by putting the velcro over the strap like the original rangefinder pocket. That is what has ended up so noisy in the first place so it could be a nice work around for a rifle hunter.
The pockets look like they would work the same but they told me today that the pocket won't fit on the skyline harness. I will probably get a pocket and rig it up I don't really want to buy a whole new harness for a pocket. I have been happy with the 1st generation but adding a zip pocket would be nice.

The bear spray holder velcro was the noise maker on the first version but only enough to annoy me I don't think it affected my hunting anywhere I wanted to carry spray. The way they have it mounted is a bit hokey.

The pockets look like they would work the same but they told me today that the pocket won't fit on the skyline harness. I will probably get a pocket and rig it up I don't really want to buy a whole new harness for a pocket. I have been happy with the 1st generation but adding a zip pocket would be nice.

Yea thats why I went with the kuiu pocket a couple years ago. Its easy and quiet as it has loops the strap goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my original SG bino harness so I don't have enough of a need to buy a new version. The one exception I have with the old unit is something inside where my binos sit was making a wierd noise this past year while I was still hunting down this game trail. It annoyed me the whole afternoon because everything was so quiet except for the slight squeaking noise. I removed my binos and tried tweaking the bottom some but it still did it. Hopefully that's not in the new unit.

Welllll ... despite all of the rabbit holes of the last couple of days in this thread ... I'm happy to say that I for one am excited about this upgrade and can't wait to try it. Thanks to Form for providing feedback and SG for listening.

@Formidilosus - what combination of pouches are you running, and why (and assuming you're running RF binos, not a separate RF)?

Last edited:
I like my original SG bino harness so I don't have enough of a need to buy a new version. The one exception I have with the old unit is something inside where my binos sit was making a wierd noise this past year while I was still hunting down this game trail. It annoyed me the whole afternoon because everything was so quiet except for the slight squeaking noise. I removed my binos and tried tweaking the bottom some but it still did it. Hopefully that's not in the new unit.
The fact that the side pouches don’t have a loop to pass the buckle through is a big reason I decided to buy this harness. I was running the marsupial gear pack and if I didn’t remove the rangefinder pouch when putting the harness on it would fall off the buckle. It also moved along the strap while wearing it.

Welllll ... despite all of the rabbit holes of the last couple of days in this thread ... I'm happy to say that I for one am excited about this upgrade and can't wait to try it. Thanks to Form for providing feedback and SG for listening.

@Formidilosus - what combination of pouches are you running, and why (and assuming you're running RF binos, not a separate RF)?
I am running the Revics and I bought the long pocket and the ballistic pocket for kestrel and extra mag. I should clarify that I mainly hunt whitetail and some spot and stalk.

He answered this in his gear list if you check that post out.

The fact that the side pouches don’t have a loop to pass the buckle through is a big reason I decided to buy this harness. I was running the marsupial gear pack and if I didn’t remove the rangefinder pouch when putting the harness on it would fall off the buckle. It also moved along the strap while wearing it.
The marsupial RF pouch and any of the others is supposed to attach to the loop against the harness. The snap goes through it and then it doesn't move. It's still a hokey attachment but it does keep it from migrating. I think the best system I've found yet is the new FHF Fob. I love the Marsupial harness but the pockets always seem to be sagging on the sides and have no structure so getting the RF out sometimes is a pain. Marsupial has a video on how to attach the pockets.

Back