New SG Pants

topher89

WKR
Saw them and interested. The De Havillands are my go to late season pant when snow is the on the ground. I wore the De Havilland Lites in the earlier season but found they were a little too thick for summer. These new pants might fill that niche and could be 3 pants to cover the whole year

OP
DakotaBPNW
I’ll likely give them a try, there isn’t a thing yet that I’ve ordered from them that I’ve been disappointed in. I’ll report back if I pick up a pair to try out

TheTone

WKR
Wonder if they will be any quieter than the current pants?

Pack looks like a small-medium size internal frame

ljalberta

WKR
I really like the looks of this. SG DHL is my current favourite all-around pant. Biggest drawback is the lack of breathability.

If this fabric is super breathable, I’ll give it a go. I like the tapered legs as well. I’m a little hesitant about the inner thigh zip, but I’m generally impressed by how well thought out SG products are.

If Kurt chimes in, he can hopefully share a little about the development choice to go with inner zips.

S.Clancy

WKR
I’m a little hesitant about the inner thigh zip, but I’m generally impressed by how well thought out SG products are.
Those thigh zips look like a big-time chaffing/rubbing hazard. Anybody with some upper leg mass is gonna have some issues.

montei

FNG
Those thigh zips look like a big-time chaffing/rubbing hazard. Anybody with some upper leg mass is gonna have some issues.
That’s what I thought. I wonder why they didn’t put them on the outside of the thighs.

S.Clancy

WKR
That’s what I thought. I wonder why they didn’t put them on the outside of the thighs.
yea, seems weird. I also don't know how you could call a pant that weighs a pound a "warm weather pant". I use the Black Diamond Alpine Light, they are actually good warm weather pants, they weigh like 10-11 oz. Maybe all the weight comes from all the stupid zippers....

slowelk

WKR
I agree, the color is bad. I'd wear those pants to work and blend in just fine. SG tends to release one color in year one of a new product, then a secondary color will be released. I can understand reducing skews in a products launch year, but gray/green would have been a better starting point.

ljalberta

WKR
Maybe they’re aspirational pants? I can respect that. I might not be able to wear the pants if that’s the case, but I still respect it.

As a note, for those who hunt commando, these things could take venting to an entirely new level. Possibly a hazard risk with the double tip zip, but I don’t see anything comparing in terms of unit ventilation.

In terms of the colour, I really don’t mind it. Especially for early season use. I think it looks better in the in-use photos.

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Did anyone notice their story as well? It shows a guy wearing a solid dark green Grumman. I messaged them about it and they said it’s the new Grumman Lite to be released at the beginning of the year.