New Steiner H6Xi Line

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
What would be preferred?
For hunting purposes the majority of hunters using a scope like this would be dialing for elevation and holding for wind. So the tree is unnecessary and creates a busy & distracting sight picture. Reportedly the subtensions on this scope are 0.2 MRAD which are pretty fine and it gets a lot to keep track of. Fine for precision shooting but not optimal when trying to make quick shots. I think 0.5 MRAD hash marks would be much better. Here are some reticles for reference that would be preferred for hunting.

MIL-QUAD.png

MIL-R.png

SHR MIL.png

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
For hunting purposes the majority of hunters using a scope like this would be dialing for elevation and holding for wind. So the tree is unnecessary and creates a busy & distracting sight picture. Reportedly the subtensions on this scope are 0.2 MRAD which are pretty fine and it gets a lot to keep track of. Fine for precision shooting but not optimal when trying to make quick shots. I think 0.5 MRAD hash marks would be much better. Here are some reticles for reference that would be preferred for hunting.

View attachment 662167

View attachment 662168

View attachment 662169
The problem is it they put something like the Maven SHR reticle in it the folks at Snipershide who want this for "tactical" purposes would be unhappy.

Personally I don't have an issue with tree reticles ever for hunting. I do however think this is the wrong reticle for this scope.
.2mil holds is very ambitious for a 2-12, as is 10 mil elevation and 6mils of wind in the tree. Something like Bushnell G3 or Gen 2xr would've been far more appropriate.

They are putting the same reticle in the 3-18 which I'm guessing is the scope it was designed for and they've just slapped it in the 2-12 to test the waters.
It was remarked that Steiner doesn't think there is a market for this type of scope so they probably didn't spend much time designing it and will do a small initial run and gauge interest.

Skoal3

FNG
Anyone have a chance to try one of these out yet? Seems like a nice package. Made in USA is also a plus.

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Anyone have a chance to try one of these out yet? Seems like a nice package. Made in USA is also a plus.
Got a 2-12 on a 6 ARC bolt gun. Best all around use scope I’ve ever had, ring steel out to 900+ regularly with it. They also come with the hardware to run both turrets capped or an exposed elevation turret.
Dials great and love the size/form factor. Glass is awesome too.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Got a 2-12 on a 6 ARC bolt gun. Best all around use scope I’ve ever had, ring steel out to 900+ regularly with it. They also come with the hardware to run both turrets capped or an exposed elevation turret.
Dials great and love the size/form factor. Glass is awesome too.

Do you have the new Mil/Mil version?

Skoal3

FNG
So I couldn’t resist and I had to order one. Got the H6xi 3-18x50. MHR reticle, which is MOA. That wasn’t a deal breaker for me.

I have to say I’m pretty impressed. This is my first Steiner so I wasn’t sure what to expect but fit and finish is good, everything turns smooth, clicks are firm and tactile. The glass is very good, like really, very good. I was surprised.

I also got a Zeiss V6 2-12x50 (scope I originally wanted) thought I would try them both out and return the one I liked the least. To me and my eyes, the Steiner wins. It is a little heavier, more “tactical” looking than I was going for but man is it nice to look through.

The illumination is red and it isn’t super bright, can definitely be seen in the daytime but not until about setting #6 and above. Once it starts to get shady though it is plenty bright.

I haven’t done much but hold it up and look through it yet but if anyone has any questions I’ll do my best to answer them. Overall seems to be a pretty solid scope.