New stove from Kifaru!

Weekender

WKR
No offense but it looks like something that can be built in someone's garage. No way to make it cleaner looking with parts milled for it? Price looks good but product...I'm sure it works.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No offense but it looks like something that can be built in someone's garage. No way to make it cleaner looking with parts milled for it? Price looks good but product...I'm sure it works.

What parts would be milled for it? You could water jet the door, but that's about it. The problem with that is the price point; the stove would be more money with the exact same result in the end.

There's not much to it, but that was by design for sure.

Weekender

WKR
What parts would be milled for it? You could water jet the door, but that's about it. The problem with that is the price point; the stove would be more money with the exact same result in the end.

There's not much to it, but that was by design for sure.

I was looking more at the mounting of the legs to the front plate and the use of thread all instead of smooth dal with tapped threads.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Gotcha.....that's expensive and you don't get anything other than looks out of it. We wanted this stove to be as affordable as possible.

and yes, you could make this in your garage if you found rolls of titanium and a decent amount of common sense.
I was looking more at the mounting of the legs to the front plate and the use of thread all instead of smooth dal with tapped threads.

colonel00

WKR
I saw the video on your youtube a while ago. Pretty slick setup overall. I guess my main concern is the lack of rigid support along the body of the stove. Have you had any issues with severe warping or body failure when it gets real hot? Also curious if the pipe adapter would put a bit of pressure on the body and also cause warping when hot?

Take-a-knee

Banned
I saw the video on your youtube a while ago. Pretty slick setup overall. I guess my main concern is the lack of rigid support along the body of the stove.

EdT makes a similar stove and he said many of his stoves have 50 plus burns on them with no issues. The body is just a piece of sheet metal, easily replaced.

DIY

WKR
If u had to boil water on this could u set a titanium cup on the top or would it not be stable enough

colonel00

WKR
This is a picture from the Kifaru site. I don't know how much weight I would want sitting on the stove body like that though.

cylindercookthumb.jpg