New strings

TylerW

FNG
I'm starting to have some serving separation on a couple of different spots on my string and they are 2years so it's time for a new set. What brands are everybody running ? I've used winners choice in the past but last time I used them I seem to recall having some string stretch (sold that bow 2-3 years ago).

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
Last 2 or three sets I've run have been from 60X and I've been happy with them.

Richard

Parknsons archery was recommended to me last year and Tom was great to talk to and made a great set of strings/cables for me.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I personally use FirstString and after working in the pro shop and seeing many custom strings from many makers come through the door I must say I am still going with these. Great customer service and I've got a few thousand shots on this set now and they still perform great.

I've used quite a few. Now I am running Hog Wire. Shane (Ontarget7) gets my strings and does my tuning. He does a lot of bows with a lot of strings and raves about the superiority of these things. So far, I am loving mine.

Lukem

WKR
Both 60X and Bluff Country have served me well. I've put both through their paces over the years and not had an issue.

TJ

WKR
I put a set of 60X on my bow this year. So far I am very impressed.

No noticeable stretch or twist. I can't say that about most of the strings I've tried.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have used Tom Parknsons and his are great. Have heard Ray Knight is good too. I actually need to get a new set myself soon.
The Hogwire that Shane has been pushing have peaked my interest.

Another I had great luck with is Center Circle Archery, www.centercirclearchery.com . Very well made set of strings and cables!

There are many great quality string makers out there. I have been using Tall Tine Bowstrings for the past 3 years with great results. Why? He's local, only about 45 minutes from my place. I haven't had any issues with peep rotation and I shoot probably 100 arrows 5 or 6 days a week all summer long.