New to Idaho

Joey D

FNG
I’m new to southwest Idaho, and fairly new to hunting. Looking for input on what clothing to bring for a mule deer hunt. Coming from a hotter state I currently have the Sitka ascent pants and ascent l/s shirt. Thank you.

wnelson14

WKR
I would look in to Kuiu.
Kuiu 97! There was a Labor Day sale, not sure if it's going on still. Maybe some base layer bottoms as well, Puffy and a rain Jacket and your probably good to go, maybe a vest like the Kenai would also be useful to mix and match.

PNWGATOR

WKR
You need a clothing ‘system’. Base layer to raingear and everything in between. Don’t worry about camo and focus on essential items that wick moisture away, provide the necessary comfort while moving and will ‘cook’ dry when you’re seated behind the glass in your puffy pants and coat and wind stopping layers.

Stone Glacier makes an excellent complete clothing system. Here is what Kurt packs

Take a look @mtwarden’s recent sheep hunting report and the link to his packing list for his recent sheep hunt. https://lighterpack.com/r/t5541l

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu 97! There was a Labor Day sale, not sure if it's going on still. Maybe some base layer bottoms as well, Puffy and a rain Jacket and your probably good to go, maybe a vest like the Kenai would also be useful to mix and match.
Labor Day sale should be on today as well(last day of it).

I’m new to southwest Idaho, and fairly new to hunting. Looking for input on what clothing to bring for a mule deer hunt. Coming from a hotter state I currently have the Sitka ascent pants and ascent l/s shirt. Thank you.
Welcome to Idaho, Joey. Sounds like you may not be far from me. Feel free to reach out anytime. More than happy to help.

You will get alot of great tips here on clothing. Much of 'what to bring' will depend on what the weather is doing in October, where you want to hunt, how long you plan to be out, etc. It's highly probable you have all you "need" in your closet. Some of the suggestions above will make you much more comfortable though.

I see this is your second post about hunting gear/clothes and hunting in SW Idaho.

I am close by, I’m assuming. I live in Nampa. If you ever want to discuss gear or clothing or general approach to mule deer/elk feel free to message me.

Clint