Perfect bowhunting pants

What are your perfect fall bow (elk) hunting pants?

I like Sitka because I am between sizes. I'm currently using the pants that are exactly like the old Ascent version (can't remember name) and they are pretty good but maybe a touch baggy. Timberlines are too heavy for me for archery season, Mountains too loud, and the new Intercepts are too expensive.

Any suggestions to try something new? Any brand.

Traverse pants are a good lightweight and quiet option. I also like my kryptek alaios pants a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom One

WKR
The material in the Zion's is hard to beat - lightweight and very stretchy - but the lack of pockets/poor pocket design make them unusable for me.

The Kuiu Kutana is my current favorite, but they're not perfect either. I think they're advertised as stretchy, but it's minimal and they seem to have a bit of a low rider feel. Where they shine is in durability, weight, breathability and pocket layout.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
If it's cooler Kryptek Vellus. Warm, silent and no shine/glare. But, the exterior fleece can suck for brush busting.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What are your perfect fall bow (elk) hunting pants?

I like Sitka because I am between sizes. I'm currently using the pants that are exactly like the old Ascent version (can't remember name) and they are pretty good but maybe a touch baggy. Timberlines are too heavy for me for archery season, Mountains too loud, and the new Intercepts are too expensive.

Any suggestions to try something new? Any brand.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
It all depends on the weather... I shot 3 big-game animals this year wearing Kuiu Kutana pants. 95 degrees for Pronghorn, and then with a layer or two under for mid-season whitetail hunts. Also wear them Pheasant hunting. I own two pair of Kuiu Attacks and two Tiburons...the former are great every day wear but significantly warmer than the Kutanas and they tend to snag more. Tiburons are now relegated to canoe tripping, as I don't find them durable enough for brush busting.

The Kuiu pants have been my favorite. I’m still wearing a pair of Alpine that have been nails. However the new sitka pant is very interesting with hip zips. I would also like to see a pair of Orgin and Forloh. I just have a hard time buying things I can’t see in person. Maybe the Tuo stuff also.

Kutanas or Attacks dependig on temps. Zions are my every day pant and I wore them for year in archery season, but the Kutanas are more durable, have hip zips and better pocket layout. But at the same time the zions are also a good bit cheaper than the Kutanas. Ive owned just about every pair of Sitka pants, the only 1 I still own are the timberlines. Most of my tops, synthetics and outer is Sitka, but Kuiu has a leg up on everyone else in pants.

jmez

WKR
I like the Sitka Ascent. Lightweight and comfortable. I bought them on a sale for less than $100/pair. I'm in the minority but you could give me a pair of Kuiu Attack. Hot and don't like the material. They may dry quick but other than that no different than cotton in how they wear.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Ya ascents would be good early season but they're a little lighter than I like. Honestly maybe the Traverse pants I have are right for me, I just wanted to try something else. Maybe I'll try the kutanas. I would have liked to pick up Apex pants on clearance.

Depends on the terrain you hunt but if it’s deep timber/brush country I can’t recommend the Kuiu Kutana stretch woven enough. They are the best archery pants I’ve ever owned by far. I’m on year 4 with my original pair and have yet to rip or snag the pants.