New Year "New Season"

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes I have, it's not something I have done to this point. My tag application strategy for many species in a lot of states is expensive. I weigh the "cost" versus the "return" and haven't found KY to fit my strategy. Some gagger bulls down there though!!

Last edited:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
4071c5f8e49f265a274fd5a107dac86d.jpg

The Birkie has come and gone. Lots of hours spent training and planning all went out the window because of Mother Nature. Warm weather and rain literally melted all of the snow. Disappointing yes, for nothing certainly not. It's been great training spring boarding me into the spring season in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was year #44 and it has been cancelled only one other time. That was because of standing water on the trail from a freak rain storm. No snow in February in Northern WI is unheard of! Very good for our struggling deer herd however.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
4e144418faff3d424380c3184d04220b.jpg

Sights are here, just waiting on the new Halon 32 later this week.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had to come into work after clients tonight and I've got a few minutes to kill. A couple of things I want to touch on that I think are really important and maybe aren't stressed enough or as obvious as I think they should be. First is regarding training and working out. A lot of you know that I "compete" in triathlon, biking, skiing, etc. To clarify that statement, I don't truly compete with anyone but MYSELF. Yes there might be up to 10,000 other competitors in a given event, but I'm out there for a) my health b) to better my hunting ability c) to compete against ME, my mental ability, and my physical ability. I am not a lifetime athlete. I'll never qualify for World's at Kona, or age group the Birkiebeiner. There's tougher, faster, skinnier, buffer, and better looking people all around me. I DON'T CARE. When I go to a spin class, I make it my own class. When I'm humping 40# up the stairmaster for 200+ flights I'm trying to improve over my last time. I'm personally just trying to become a better me. I NEVER compare myself to anyone else. I walk in my boots, and don't worry about anyone else's. I have a lot of client's that are apprehensive about the gym, or their ability because they see other's who make it look easy. Every single one of us were there at one time. We all had that first day at the gym. At times we probably still all have those moments of self doubt. Look straight past them, set those obtainable goals, and attack them. Be relentless, and forget about what you think someone else might be thinking. It doesn't matter.

The second thing either is the forerunner to the first or follows right after, depending on who you are. It's your "light bulb". A very common theme from a lot of people that I train is finding the motivation. I'll tell you that YOU have to find what it is that motivates you. I can tell you what to eat, when to eat it, and why to eat it. I can write your workouts, teach your workouts, and hold you accountable. However all of that only works somewhat, and for a short while if you don't truly want it. When you find your "light bulb" moment, that time when something clicks and you get it, you'll be set. I wish I could will you the want, but until you find what works for you it won't work. Just because Cam likes to run, doesn't mean you will. Because I like to bike, doesn't mean you will. For it to work, you have to like it. Keep at it until you find what motivates you.

I really enjoy to help people. If you have questions ask here. I try to answer every PM that I get, right now I am able to stay on top of them. If you are asking a question, odds are someone else is wondering the same. I've had some nutrition questions as of late so tomorrow I'll try and give you a rundown of what I use and why.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last chance to get in on the Heads Up Decoy give away. Read post #47 for details.

If you truly don't have IG, then follow us (me, Heads Up Decoy, Rokslide) on Facebook, that will work. If you don't do either of those, then post here and we'll enter you for following along.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
@troyfromthedraw is our HUD turkey winner. Message me your address.

Last edited:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
So questions about how I supplement.

Below is what, when, and how I use my MTN OPS.

Yeti Pre-workout. I use this before all of my workouts, strength or cardio.

Enduro - During my high intensity workouts. Works to increase hydration, performance, and endurance during those High Intensity work out periods.

Magnum Protein Isolate - After every lifting session and high intensity cardio. (Heavy bike, backpack cardio, etc)

Ammo - Meal replacement. To stress, I don't believe in meal replacement as a consistent thing. I only do this when I'm on the go and can't get a good meal in. It's great to have a quick, nutrition enriched "meal" available.

Multi-Vmen - Every day vitamin.

Ox - T booster, haven't used it yet, but probably in next order.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
[video=youtube_share;1VsigTNa_Ec]https://youtu.be/1VsigTNa_Ec[/video]

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rokslide has a new sponsor, Ironwill Outfitters, and has decided to want to get behind our thread here. They have sent out some broadheads for Hunter and I to put through our test. Here is a link to their introduction thread. I'm excited to see how these perform on the range and in the field. Once I get a little time with them we will be getting some out into some hands on the forum here for you guys to check out.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/anno...-manufacturer-iron-outfitters.html#post643802

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
cee94728ab5242a64d6ba79f5c17b6d3.jpg

d4219c3a75195d0612980ed662a0d75e.jpg

72#, 27.5" draw, 27" Easton 400 FMJ. Set it up, shot one. Drop away cord wasn't tight. Fixed and shot two more. 1 turn of starboard cable. Another arrow. Still had a little tear. 1/2 turn, another arrow. Switched Top hats, two bullet holes. Start shooting and sighting the Fast Eddie tomorrow.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crispi, Lowa, Hanwag - YouTube

Short quick and dirty video on the Crispi Wyoming, Lowa Renegade, Hanwag Yellowstone II GTX. For all around comfort the Lowa Renegade takes it. For all around versatility and comfort it will go to the Crispi Wyomings. The Hanwag's are really nice but they just aren't quite at the comfort level of the Crispi. They just don't fit my foot quite right, they definitely work, but are a little stiff on the upper on the inside. I'll sell these and buy another pair of Cripsi's to test.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
b4ab28456c3ea6b71bdda60db3a03018.jpg

Got the Ironwill V100's tonight. They look great. Excited to start testing. Short FB video of them up now. Instagram tomorrow and hopefully a YouTube video here.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
b4ab28456c3ea6b71bdda60db3a03018.jpg

Got the Ironwill V100's tonight. They look great. Excited to start testing. Short FB video of them up now. Instagram tomorrow and hopefully a YouTube video here.

Those look mean. You wouldn't by any chance have ballistic gell to compare penetration with some other heads would you?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk