NL Pure 10's

Picked up a pair of NL 10x42's over the weekend- going to be my primary glass for hunting whitetails here in Iowa as well as my Western hunting adventures.

Waiting on the Aziak clamp to get here, but once it does I'll be all set optics wise for my CO archery mule deer hunt. Really excited to get these up on a tripod-just blown away how fantastic the glass is even hand-holding.

I did order the forehead rest, going to try it out but i'm hopeful that while whitetail hunting I can get an even steadier image using the forehead rest.

My lovely wife had heard me talking about needing a pair of bino's for quite some time now and when she caught me looking through them @ Scheels this weekend told me to get them- don't have to tell me twice!

I've got a marsupial gear bino harness as well as the Tricer AD & LP combo for the tripod setup- really excited even though the tag isn't in a desirable unit, i'm just ready to be out West again!

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! I got the 12s this year. Using the Tricer BA and a Slik-634 tripod and Marsupial pack. Unreal how clear and awesome it is. I went with a screw-in Outdoorsman's style adaptor. I like that type best. Enjoy the new glass and happy hunting your tags!

stateguy

FNG
Awesome! I got the 12s this year. Using the Tricer BA and a Slik-634 tripod and Marsupial pack. Unreal how clear and awesome it is. I went with a screw-in Outdoorsman's style adaptor. I like that type best. Enjoy the new glass and happy hunting your tags!
can you tell me how your 12 nl are when they are being hand held
do you get a lot of shaking
do you have the forehead rest

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
can you tell me how your 12 nl are when they are being hand held
do you get a lot of shaking
do you have the forehead rest
I can! I do have the FHR and that does make a difference. Most of the time, handholding them is fine. I just got back from a mountain hunt in NZ and when getting to a glassing vantage huffing and puffing from exertion, it was tough. Taking a seat and bracing elbows made it tons better. It was still doable, but I was surprised how hard it was to stabilize standing there. I imagine it'd be similar with 10s, but I didn't check. I don't regret my choice, but something to consider and wish I'd done a touch more cardio prior to heading down there.