NM Arrowhead Outfitters review

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some info on Arrowhead Outfitters...elk, deer, oryx and possibly antelope.

They seem to be a good outfit, in business since 2011 and focused on southern NM.

In using the googler there's limited feedback out there.

Thanks in advance or any info.
Craig

mt100gr.

WKR
Looking for some info on Arrowhead Outfitters...elk, deer, oryx and possibly antelope.

They seem to be a good outfit, in business since 2011 and focused on southern NM.

In using the googler there's limited feedback out there.

Thanks in advance or any info.
Craig
It's been a few years, and you didn't ask about Barbary sheep, but I had a less than impressive semi-guided hunt with New Mexico Arrowhead Outfitters near Roswell.

Effort was very poor, the guides truck broke down, so we used our truck to road hunt for 3 days....we had communicated that we'd prefer to get out a few miles and hike it, but got stuck with a guide that definitely wasn't prepared. Got to hear a whole bunch of Fudd stories, tho...🙄

It was a pretty cheap hunt. Hopefully they take better care of guys that are dropping more dough.

I wouldn't book with them again for a Barbary Hunt.

OP
Slick8

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, that's one of three threads that I read. The other two were good, one of which was great commenting on guides working their rears off.

I hear ya on the flat tire. I had a guide on a 2 day DIY hunt with bald flat tires last year. He was a great hunter with eyes of a hawk but lacking in vehicular reliability.

Thanks for the reply.

mt100gr.

WKR
Yup, that's one of three threads that I read. The other two were good, one of which was great commenting on guides working their rears off.

I hear ya on the flat tire. I had a guide on a 2 day DIY hunt with bald flat tires last year. He was a great hunter with eyes of a hawk but lacking in vehicular reliability.

Thanks for the reply.
If I recall, the guide we ended up with was the former owner of the outfit. He'd done his time, so to speak, but I think he was helping out as needed in February when things were a little slow. Or the semi-guided just weren't a priority and they didn't take it very seriously. Either way, his heart wasn't in it.

They must be doing something correctly, tho, I'll give them that.

OP
Slick8

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Frozen SE Texas morning bump.

I called Justin and spoke to him for about 30 minutes. Seems like a great dude. Didn't sugar coat things at all.