Nm/AZ bear guide?

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Wife doesnt want me hunting alone for bears anymore now that I've got 2 kids. She suggested I go guided. I prefer hunting alone as it's usually my only time I dont take my oldest son along. Soon that'll change as we before I know it when hes old enough.
So if anyone wants to pm to either A.) Hunt together or B.) Share a worth while guide. I like to hunt more than food or lodging, so if I do go guided main goal is just to get some bear meat, not vacationing lol.

Also appreciate any help reasoning why I ought to go by myself still. Told her a guide just means she'll have less money in her pocket if I got eaten haha.

JohnnyB

WKR
Take out a large life insurance policy for her benefit. You might find she becomes an enthusiastic supporter of you going out alone.
After I got a large policy, my wife reminds me of season dates, packs my backpack (oddly my inReach gets misplaced often), wakes me early and pushes me out the door. She wants me to be an “extreme hunter” now- like those guys on instagram.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Take out a large life insurance policy for her benefit. You might find she becomes an enthusiastic supporter of you going out alone.
After I got a large policy, my wife reminds me of season dates, packs my backpack (oddly my inReach gets misplaced often), wakes me early and pushes me out the door. She wants me to be an “extreme hunter” now- like those guys on instagram.
Make your dog the beneficiary so he gets taken care of.

+1 for life insurance
And if you do hire a guide, get one with dogs. Dogs totally change the hunting dynamic.

OP
H

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
PM replied to. In texas. The life insurance gets me hunting usually, but I apparently have to up the ante for bear haha. More likely I'm gonna die being run off the road in texas than eaten by a bear anyways lol.

Elkhntr08

WKR
PM replied to. In texas. The life insurance gets me hunting usually, but I apparently have to up the ante for bear haha. More likely I'm gonna die being run off the road in texas than eaten by a bear anyways lol.
I started with a SPOT then went to a inReach so the wife can find the body for proof of death. She didn’t want to wait 7 years.
Shot my first black bear at 10 yards on the ground with a bow. Other than sows with cubs, I’ve never found them to be aggressive.
Also heard that calling them in can get exciting.