NM Outfitter Review - Luna Canyon Outdoors

I have searched a few times and do not see anything on Luna Canyon Outdoors in Unit 46 NM for Elk. I am looking for anyone that has any experience with them. Feel free to comment or PM me on your experience.

I have been scouring over threads and forums looking for that right outfitter and still struggle to find what I am looking for. I have been looking for a hunt in NM, MT, or CO where I can finally break my streak of bad luck and wrap my tag around a decent branch antlered bull. I have elk hunted 6 or 7 years with my own tag in a few different units/states on DIY public land type hunts and while I have taken a few cows and a spike I am yet to wrap a tag on a true bull. I would consider myself a decent elk hunter and also a good bowhunter but also a man of opportunity who is not afraid to pick up a rifle, which is almost what I am leaning towards. I have never had a bull rifle elk tag but I have found myself on the elk mountain dozens of times saying if I had a rifle that bull would be dead on my archery hunts in ID and MT.

I am open to decent suggestions and I know it is still hunting but if I am going to front the $6-8k for a guided elk hunt I really hope I can end up somewhere that I have a good chance at bringing home a bull.

I am looking at 2025 or beyond as I hope to draw a rifle elk tag in CO this year which may finally land that first bull of mine.

A few pictures for attention

Attachments

• Caribou.jpg
    Caribou.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3389.PNG
    IMG_3389.PNG
    591.1 KB · Views: 31
OP
mikenelson9091
Who'd you get the caribou through and how much was the trip? Stud bull
I used Brooks Range Aviation as a transporter for a DIY hunt, I would say it was a 6-7K hunt by the time transport to and from the lower 48 was put in. Here is my full review