No more Alliant powder?

Just seen this on the Facebook. Am I reading that correctly that the Alliant will be stopping production?IMG_7985.png

CorbLand

WKR
I would bet they continue to produce for ammo manufactures, government entities, etc. Just not producing enough to sell to the general public.

Looks like the five or so pounds of reloader I have are going to appreciate nicely this year. I might be able to retire early.

Grundy53

WKR
I would bet they continue to produce for ammo manufactures, government entities, etc. Just not producing enough to sell to the general public.

Looks like the five or so pounds of reloader I have are going to appreciate nicely this year. I might be able to retire early.
I don't know. Hornaday can't even get 26.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

That is exactly why. Powder chemicals are being centralized for government use to replenish national stockpiles. What has been sent and used in Ukraine and Israel has depleted our strategic stockpiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad, loved ARcomp in my grendel and 556. Wish I grabbed rl26 when it existed. As much as I hate panic buying I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
That's going to go deeper, it will now put a larger drain on other powders as well.

People will still shoot and find other powders that work.

Makes me think my little 6 dasher burning 30 grains of varget or 6.5 manbun at 41 is the way of the future if you want to conserve what you have.

ihookem

FNG
Slick,, that is why I went from shooting a .270 WIn. to a .243 Win. to a .223 Rem. to a bow. Now I just shoot my bow . I have about 3 ,000 small rifle, , 3,000 small pistol and 2 000 large rifle . I wont buy anymore till they are all gone,,, and that means I will likely never buy primers again.

49ereric

WKR
Good thing I have plenty of Steel and Unique plus a lifetime supply of 300MP.

Last edited:

204_ruger

FNG
I was using RL10 in my 204 ruger. But I went to H4895. I think I have 10 bottles of RL10. I only use RL10 in my 204. So that will do me a long time. Alliant also cancel all the back orders they had.

Sinistram

FNG
Well, irrespective of what Powder Valley has to say, and I don't doubt them, I started consciously moving away from Alliant powders about two years ago. Yes, they're very good, but they've ALWAYS been more expensive for what I consider no appreciable improvement in performance or accuracy. There are other powders that are more available and cheaper that will serve my needs just as well. The only Alliant I'm currently stocked up on is RE-15 because I don't feel like re-developing loads for my 416 Remington.

SloppyJ

WKR
I have 3/4lb of RE23 that I tried to work up a load for in my 280ai. Now I have no desire to do shit with it because I can get a load dialed in and then what, start all over? I'm not buying the nitrocellulose story.

Axlrod

WKR
I have 3/4lb of RE23 that I tried to work up a load for in my 280ai. Now I have no desire to do shit with it because I can get a load dialed in and then what, start all over? I'm not buying the nitrocellulose story.
Well it doesn't really matter "why" fact is there is none, never was very much, and likely won't be any again.