Nonresident Hunting Closures..Could it happen

It's possible. There are multiple ways states could keep non residents from hunting/fishing. Let's hope it doesn't happen but, don't bet the farm in case it does.

So with the crazy state that the US is currently in with shut downs, do you/we think that the nonresident hunts will be closed this fall?

Across the US a lot of places are still shut down. This spring Montana closed its nonresident bear and turkey hunts, Oregon closed nonresident hunting and fishing until further notice. I am not sure if other states shut down their nonresident hunts or not, I did not look into it. No matter if you are heading East or West to chase whatever species you have a tag for do you think it will be open for the nonresidents this fall?

Logistically, states will loose millions of dollars just on the price of tags alone. Add in the cost of people spending money at grocery stores, gas stations, taxidermist, butchers, outdoor stores etc and we're talking hundreds of millions of dollars across the US. I don't think states want to loose millions of dollars that hunters bring to their state every fall.

Thoughts?

Oregon opened it back up to non residents. Two of the HUSH guys just got done hunting spring bear for a week on the east side. I think they ended up seeing 40+. They also said they would be back soon.

Last edited:
They’ve just that to me on the other side of the country. Ohio suspended all non residents license sales just prior to turkey season. I’ve now moved to PA and same situation. These states don’t care about revenue loss as long as Uncle Sam keeps giving them tax payer money.

They closed ski season and did not refund passes. I believe there is a slight discount for next year’s purchase. I would guess this will be similar. When you have something people want you have more power.

I bet no hunting is allowed this fall. I bet hunting is never allowed again......ever. There will be no camping either. If you get caught, you will be hauled away to a prison camp where you will be purposely infected with WuFlu and then charged with endangerment. Youll become a number in the system. Your family will never see you again.

Come on people........ do what you want and stop being "ruled".

For the amount of emails I received reminding me to apply to various states during this shut down, it would be very unethical to take our money and not make things right.

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised to receive the middle finger.

Back