Noob Question From A Noob

Wapiti151

WKR
looks like it may be the Kuiu Yukon rain pant to me? Can't tell if his has full length zippers though to know for sure. Something similar to this, anyway. Sitka Timberline pant also is similar to this design, obviously it is NOT waterproof though. But, it does have the reinforced knees and butt, along with knee pads.

1655413770139.png

Dinn

FNG
looks like it may be the Kuiu Yukon rain pant to me? Can't tell if his has full length zippers though to know for sure. Something similar to this, anyway. Sitka Timberline pant also is similar to this design, obviously it is NOT waterproof though. But, it does have the reinforced knees and butt, along with knee pads.

View attachment 420634
+1 based on the rest of his outfit bring kuiu I’d guess his pants are too.

OP
Geronibro

Geronibro

FNG
I’ve looked at both of those pants and I’m thinking they might be the KUIU’s. I’m not 100% though, and my OCD really needs me to find out for sure. Like I’m losing sleep over these pants.

mmac

WKR
I would say they are Sitka Timberlines. I think they used to make them in olive. The squared off knees and butt in same gray, plus the pocket on the left leg.

OP
Geronibro

Geronibro

FNG
I would say they are Sitka Timberlines. I think they used to make them in olive. The squared off knees and butt in same gray, plus the pocket on the left leg.
That’s what I’m thinking! They look so much like Timberlines but the only solid color I see online is that darker grey color. I didn’t know they used to offer them in other colors.

Agree...certainly they are not the KUIU's...the hem lines and knee pad geometry are wrong.

OP, why don't you just send him a DM on Insta? @shedcrazy

OP
Geronibro

Geronibro

FNG
Hell I’m gonna reach out to him right now. Thanks for the tip!
I’m new around here. I don’t know nothin’.

Dinn

FNG
I have kuiu pants with leg zippers just like that though! With the flap hanging over the zipper

Wapiti151

WKR
95% sure those are NOT Sitka Timberlines based on the knee pad fabric transition to the rest of the pant. Sitka uses a really aggressive/raised seam...the transition there is pretty seamless. Timberlines also have a second vertical zipper running down the inner part of the cargo pocket, and the cargo pocket is a snap closure...not a zipper. Either way, both great manufacturers, if you are looking to buy just flip a coin and i am sure you will be happy.

OP
Geronibro

Geronibro

FNG
Man. I’m obsessed with these pants LOL. It really shouldn’t matter but for some reason I my gear-obsessed brain needs to know. I reached out to him on Instagram. If he responds I’ll post the info here.

OP
Geronibro

Geronibro

FNG
Thanks man! I’m gonna start looking online for an older pair like these.
Yeah, I actually just looked at their site. I guess they are only making the Talus’s in the 3 camo patterns now. I got mine a few years ago and they offered solids at that time. They are a good pant for snow and light rain. I wear them 90% of the fall in MT. Full blown wet, rain and brush… you want the Yukons.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the ones in the pic are an older version of the ones currently made by KUIU? If so, maybe I can find some used.
Sometimes they won’t show a color option when out of stock or changing the color. Also throws it off with the gaiters as the talus has a wp material down the shins.
(Not my photos, google found them)

Attachments

• B115EA65-AAC4-4BD9-9289-978FC7249C90.png
    B115EA65-AAC4-4BD9-9289-978FC7249C90.png
    644.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 840818C2-8DAA-4A7E-8DC6-6CA9C5C30DFC.jpeg
    840818C2-8DAA-4A7E-8DC6-6CA9C5C30DFC.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 21