Northern Colorado

Could anyone give me a little insight on Northern CO weather conditions this spring and currently? Was it an average winter with average snow pack or otherwise? Any idea on timing of calf drop this spring? Looking for general answers on all. Wet, dry,average? Late, early, average? Thank you.

Laramie

WKR
Northern Colorado is a little vague but most areas were at or a little above average. There were pockets that ended up below average.

Calf drop was average from what I have heard. There are plenty of little ones running around right now. If you can get closer to a herd, this is a good time to hear a lot of cow vocalizations.

OP
Novemberfest
Northern Colorado is a little vague but most areas were at or a little above average. There were pockets that ended up below average.

Calf drop was average from what I have heard. There are plenty of little ones running around right now. If you can get closer to a herd, this is a good time to hear a lot of cow vocalizations.
Good information. Thank you. Looks like I’m interested in the Laramie River basin.

Laramie

WKR
The Laramie River basin is reported slightly above average for moisture. Should be a good year for antler growth as long as July gets some moisture. A lot of the bottom growth is in place, it's the tops that benefit from those summer rains.

tjihrig

FNG
I’m not sure when the calves dropped but i Saw cows down low in mid may. They seemed to have moved up. havent been up to see but the cow calf groups are usually above tree line by now. We did get some late snows up high though.