nutrition/food tracker app

miggles

FNG
Hey everyone,
Wondering if anyone out there uses an app or website for tracking what you eat everyday. I realize that if I'm to make or pursue any nutrition goals I have to actually get an good baseline of where I am now in terms of calories, protein, vitamins, minerals, etc. Have any of you tried apps and found them helpful? Likes/dislikes? Other methods you've tried for tracking what you consume?
Thanks!

Map My Run has a nutritional log that could be useful to some. I use primarily use it for keeping track of my runs and hikes but it does have the ability to monitor your food! Worth a look.

I've been using Myfitnesspal for about 8 months and really like it. It has a huge database of foods, but you can add custom foods and recipes as well. I track everything I eat, which I admit takes some time and a good food scale helps, but I think the benefits of knowing exactly what I'm consuming daily outweighs the small time inconvienence. After awhile it becomes much easier guessing calories and quantities.

I don't anymore, but My fitness Pal was the best I could find for free. It taught me a ton about my eating that I would normally not figured out- before I started logging anything that went into my mouth, I'd sit down at the end of the day and try to tally up calories and inevitably would forget a few items here or there. I used MFP for a few months and really understood the trends between how I was eating and how I was losing weight, got comfortable in the day-to-day, and really don't feel the need to track them to the exact calorie anymore.

Pretty sure my fitness pal has a website version as well- honestly, the best part is the education on what you're actually eating. It's kinda fun to play around iwth the database of foods and plug in your favorites to get an idea of what's in the food you're eating.

Dont want to side rail too much but anyone using a hiking app that will work without signal? Just run off of satelite and GPS? Im gonna try the fitness pal one.... I dont need to diet but im very curious ha

Wow I got it and have been playing with it.... I just said i wanted to add 10 pounds to see... No wonder im always hungry i dont take in near enough calories. Half way through the day and i need A LOT more calories.......

Wow I got it and have been playing with it.... I just said i wanted to add 10 pounds to see... No wonder im always hungry i dont take in near enough calories. Half way through the day and i need A LOT more calories.......

Oh man I am having the exact same reaction right now! I decided to try out SuperTracker. It's only been a day but if I plan to gain 10 pounds I need to be taking in a lot more food according to this program! This could explain why I haven't made any progress in this area thus far. Feel like I am learning a lot already...

My one annoyance with SuperTracker so far is that it's recommendations are based on the USDA dietary guidelines. I don't really eat dairy so it's going to perpetually mark me as "under" on that category. I really like every other aspect of the website though, especially the feedback on things like calcium and vitamins. I will definitely have to check how this stacks up compared to myfitnesspal.

I like this one so far... Im just guessing on my serving sizes and weights but it has venison burgers and roasts and steaks and i eat more elk meat than any other type of meat ha

Back